Explore Business Events
Explore Business Events is a central repository of resources related to business events, including blog posts, documentation, direct product links and other applications relevant to business analysis, such as Notebooks and Dashboards. It was designed to:
- Take you through the Dynatrace business analysis process end-to-end, starting from business event capture, through processing, and analyzing, to displaying final results on dashboards.
- Help you understand business analytics use cases and address your specific use case.
Dynatrace business events resources
- Blog posts supplement the documentation with real-life examples, use cases and how-to guides.
- Dynatrace live chat and the Dynatrace Community are interactive platforms that provide answers to your questions in real time and offer collaboration possibilities.
- Direct product links save your time and help you arrive exactly in the place a certain process step takes place, for example at the Capture business events with OneAgent product page.
- Dynatrace Query Language (DQL) is used to query and analyze your business events, in Notebooks, and the Logs and event viewer.
- Custom dashboards transform complex data from your queries into easy-to-follow visualizations.
Business events process flow
The Business event process in Dynatrace consists of three main steps: Capture and Process, Analyze, and Create Dashboards.
To see a use case covering all steps, go to Business events use case.
Capture and Process
Displays all links relevant to business event capture and processing.
To see a real-life capture and process scenario, go to Use case capture part.
Provides you with links to two places where you can run your DQL queries: Notebooks and the Logs and event viewer.
To see business analysis examples you can run using DQL, go to Analysis.
To see examples of simple and advanced DQL queries for business analysis, go to Examples.
To see the analysis performed as part of the use case, go to Use case analysis part.
Provides you with links to places where dashboards can be created.
To see an example dashboard created as part of the use case, go to Use case dashboard part.