Site Reliability Engineering
Empower SRE to improve availability, performance, and user experience and solve problems proactively with full-stack visibility and real-time insights.
State of SRE Report
We asked 450 SREs to share their perspectives on the challenges they face and the ways site reliability engineering (SRE) is evolving as a discipline.
Download our complimentary report to see why:
- 88% say there’s a greater understanding of the strategic importance of their role now vs. three years ago.
- 99% encounter challenges when defining and creating SLOs to evaluate service levels for applications and infrastructure.
- By 2025, 85% want to standardize on the same observability platform from Dev to Ops and Security.
Propel SRE with observability and security insights
Service Level Objectives (SLOs): A fundamental tenet for SREs
Common SLOs we monitor
Dynatrace can monitor a wide range of Service Level Objectives (SLOs), including:
Common SLOs for mobile apps
- App adoption: Ratio of daily users vs. total users
- Availability: Rate of requests with a valid response
- App rating: Ratings based on Android or iOS Store
- Response time: Rate of login requests faster than 100ms
- Crashes: Crash rate on officially supported devices
- Success rate: Rate of successful requests
The benefits of SRE
Leveraging SRE to drive automation and keep systems reliable has clear benefits across the enterprise.
- Improve MTTR
- Improve availability and uptime
- Improve engineering productivity
- Improve CSAT
- Improve customer retention
Dynatrace’s ability to show us how everything is interconnected in our environment has made it much easier for us to identify problems and speed up resolution. Dynatrace also sits at the core of our autonomous cloud operations. The software intelligence we gain from the platform allows us to trigger actions and scale environments, and paves the way for application self-healing and auto-remediation.Reinhard Weber Senior Product Manager at SAP CX