- Added support for the Akka HTTP Server API (Akka HTTP client support not included)
- Starting with OneAgent 1.161, the OneAgent SDK for Java (version 1.6.0) supports end-to-end tracing for messaging.
- Starting with OneAgent 1.161, the OneAgent SDK for .NET (version 1.2.0) supports end-to-end tracing for messaging.
- PHP 7.3 monitoring is available as a public beta as of OneAgent version 1.161.
- Starting with OneAgent 1.161, OneAgent SDK for C/C++ 1.4.0. supports end-to-end tracing for messaging.
- We’re releasing an EAP (Early Access Program) that makes it possible to reconfigure host group assignments for hosts at any point following installation of OneAgent. For complete details of this solution, see Host group reconfiguration is now easier than ever.
- OneAgent for AIX is now supported for operation in the presence of Active Memory Expansion (AME).
- We’ve improved the supportability of our solution in the following areas:
- For diagnostic purposes, the
DTvariables, and other Dynatrace relevant variables that are within the scope of processes are now printed in the process snapshot diagnostic log file. This change will help us diagnose reported problems faster.
- The names of two log files created by OneAgent installer scripts on Linux have been changed to:
- For diagnostic purposes, the
- The OneAgent uninstall script (
uninstall.sh) now properly clears the
installation.confcontents are corrupted. This assures that the monitored host is returned to its previous state after OneAgent de-installation, even in cases of erroneous configuration entries.
- OneAgent is now tested for installation and proper operation on Ubuntu 18.10, Windows Server 2019, Fedora 29, and CoreOS 1911.4.0.
- We’ve massively improved the internal resiliency of the OneAgent full-stack installer and are moving toward a significant, and much-needed, re-architecture of the OneAgent installer for Windows.
OneAgent support changes
Dynatrace OneAgent support of the following platforms and components will be discontinued within the next 6 months
- Oracle Hotspot JVM v10 (non‑LTS). Oracle discontinued Premium Support in September 2018. Please consult the Oracle support matrix for further details.
OneAgent version 1.169 will be the last version that supports Oracle Hotspot JVM v10.
- OpenJDK v10 (non‑LTS). Oracle discontinued Premium Support in September 2018. Redhat the primary supporter of OpenJDK has never officially supported OpenJDK v10.
OneAgent version 1.169 will be the last version that supports OpenJDK v10.
- Oracle Hotspot JVM v9 (non‑LTS). Oracle discontinued Premium Support in March 2018. Please consult the Oracle support matrix for further details.
OneAgent version 1.163 will be the last version that supports Oracle Hotspot JVM v9.
- OpenJDK v9 (non‑LTS). Oracle discontinued Premium Support in March 2018. RedHat, the primary supporter of OpenJDK, hasn’t officially supported OpenJDK v9.
OneAgent version 1.163 will be the last version that supports OpenJDK v9.
- PCF version v2.1.x (Pivotal discontinued support for this version at the end of December 2018. Please consult Pivotal’s support matrix for further details.)
OneAgent version 1.163 will be the last version that supports PCF version 2.1.x (release planned for March 2019).
- PHP 5.6 support will have end of life in April 2019.
Cloud Platform support
- We’re happy to announce that after many months of work and an extended Early Access Program (EAP), we’re releasing official and generally available support for monitoring of systems and environments that are based on OpenStack. For details about this project, as well as the resulting feature set, see OpenStack monitoring with Dynatrace is now GA.
- The Azure monitoring integration has been updated to General Availability status. Besides a number of general improvements, the Azure overview page now includes platform service metrics for SQLAzure, ServiceBus Queue/Topics, Storage, Redis, LoadBalancers, API Management, and Application Gateways.
- We’ve added AWS Kinesis Data Analytics, Kinesis Video Streams, Aurora, Cognito, and IoT to the scope of our Early Access Program (EAP) for the monitoring of additional AWS services.
- OneAgent now correctly detects Amazon EC2 Spot Instance termination and doesn’t generate false alerts.
- OneAgent now detects the termination signals sent to AWS spot instances and reports the shutdown status of hosts as a graceful termination.
- AWS PrivateLink support is now GA, with 2 new regions:
EU West (Ireland, EU-West-1)and
US East (N. Virginia, US-East-1).
- We now support special AWS partitions for Dynatrace Managed environments:
- Visually complete and Speed index calculations for applications with frames or Iframes have been improved. For details, see Visually complete improvements.
For important bug fixes and other changes, as well as previous release notes, see the release changelog.