Dynatrace performance monitoring + PagerDuty alerting = a love story
Respond to service failures faster with PagerDuty incident management
Easily receive Dynatrace notifications via PagerDuty
Dynatrace offers an out-of-the-box PagerDuty integration that automatically pushes Dynatrace problem notifications to PagerDuty incident management.
From the PagerDuty incident, you can drill down to Dynatrace to see the line of code affected and quickly isolate the root cause.
In Dynatrace you have dashboards for every role – Dev, Ops, and Business – so that everyone can look at the same picture and source of truth, eliminating the back and forth common to most incident war rooms. Also, if the incident is resolved in Dynatrace, it will be automatically resolved in PagerDuty as well.
Proactively manage APM with PagerDuty & Dynatrace
PagerDuty’s sophisticated and customizable escalation policies and schedules are ideal for informing responsible DevOps teams about detected problems. With the Dynatrace PagerDuty Integration DevOps are able to:
- respond to service failures and requests as quickly as possible
- minimize expensive downtime and fix problems faster
- have a more proactive APM experience
Resolve problems before they impact the user experience
Dynatrace identifies performance issues before the user experience is affected by them. Problems are prioritized based on their impact. So you always know how severe a problem is and if it’s impacting the user's experience.
- When critical performance issues are discovered, you don’t have to manually interpret dozens of data sources to know the root cause.
- Dynatrace provides a single problem notification that identifies the root cause of the problem.
- Because you don’t need to invest time into finding problems, you can focus on fixing them.
“We’re intrigued by its capability to work almost out of the box as well as being able to monitor system aspects as well as application performance and user experience.”
What is PagerDuty?
PagerDuty is an agile incident management platform that integrates with IT Operations and DevOps monitoring stacks to improve operational reliability.
With Dynatrace’s PagerDuty plug-in you can be notified about incidents when they occur. From the PagerDuty incident, you can drill down to Dynatrace to see the line of code affected and quickly isolate the root cause.