Dynatrace SaaS release notes version 1.238
TLS 1.0 and 1.1 end-of-support for RUM data
Starting with April 2022, Dynatrace is retiring TLS 1.0 and TLS 1.1 for Dynatrace SaaS RUM data. For more details, see TLS 1.0 and 1.1 end-of-support for RUM data.
Session Replay masking v1 end-of-life
Classic user sessions page end-of-life
We are deprecating the classic User sessions page soon and replacing it with a more powerful page for session segmentation. This will happen with Dynatrace version 1.239 or later. To stay tuned, keep an eye on our release notes.
AppMon end of life
AppMon reaches end of life on March 31, 2022. With that, we're deprecating integration between Dynatrace and AppMon, and it is no longer possible to push AppMon's data to Dynatrace.
NAM end of life
NAM reaches end of life on March 31, 2022. With that, we're deprecating integration between Dynatrace and NAM, and it is no longer possible to push NAM's data to Dynatrace.
New features and enhancements
The minimum length of metric keys submitted via the ingestion protocol is 3 characters.
The averaging of numeric values is now supported for session properties.
SLO metric queries
Each SLO is represented by two metric queries. When you create an SLO, you can now configure these metric queries by entering a Metric name. For details, see Configure a service-level objective.
Azure Database for PostgreSQL
Dynatrace now supports monitoring for Azure Database for PostgreSQL - Flexible Server.
Cloud application and workload detection
Cloud application and workload detection now provides better support for your release strategies in Kubernetes. For details, see Cloud application and workload detection.
This feature requires OneAgent version 1.237+.
Also you can now manage configurations via Settings API—use the
Data explorer and dashboards
In the Data explorer, per metric, you can now use the Format setting to determine whether Dynatrace automatically formats the selected metric.
Process availabilityOneAgent 1.237+
You can now monitor the availability of key processes on your hosts. For more information, see Process availability.
Process instance snapshotsOneAgent 1.237+
The Process instance snapshots section of the new host overview page offers additional insights into the most resource-consuming processes running on your host and the processes defined for process availability monitoring. For more information, see Host performance monitoring with Dynatrace.
IBM MQ monitoring
You can now manage configurations of IBM MQ monitoring via Settings API—use the
Settings security policies
These previously existing settings are now available to be used in security policies:
- Settings > Anomaly Detection > Web applications
- Settings > Anomaly Detection > Mobile apps
- Settings > Anomaly Detection > Mobile apps - Crash rate increase
- Settings > Anomaly Detection > Custom apps
- Settings > Anomaly Detection > Custom apps - Crash rate increase
- Settings > Mainframe > IBM MQ IMS bridges
- Settings > Mainframe > IBM MQ queue managers
- Settings > Log monitoring > OneAgent settings
Services for OpenTelemetry traces ingested via the trace ingest API
OpenTelemetry spans ingested via the trace ingest API now produce services in Dynatrace. Dynatrace uses the OpenTelemetry span resource attribute
service.name to create services. You need to add the attribute via OpenTelemetry instrumentation. For more information, see OpenTelemetry automatic and manual instrumentation.
With this new feature:
- Your OpenTelemetry services ingested via the trace ingest API are listed with other services and in the SmartScape® topology.
- Dynatrace calculates response time, throughput, and failure rate metrics for these services.
- Davis® AI analyzes for problems related to the underlying resources. You need to enrich your traces with topology information. For more information, see OpenTelemetry instrumentation guide
- You can search monitored entities in Dynatrace by the span name.
- You can create custom alerts based on these services.
To learn about changes to the Dynatrace API in this release, see Dynatrace API changelog version 1.238.
General Availability (Build 1.238.97)
The 1.238 GA release contains 16 resolved issues.
|Transactions and services||4|
- Metric splitting is now applied correctly when going from a table dashboard tile created with the "Data explorer" to multidimensional analysis. (APM-360181)
- User-defined colors now migrate from custom charts to the "Data explorer" correctly. (APM-359293)
- Resolved issue causing OneAgent auto-update before scheduled maintenance window. It was possible in OneAgent configuration API to trigger an update to a specific version in the update window, although the update would be performed immediately. Now validation error is returned. (APM-359148)
- Opening an old problem can lead to an error page. (APM-357784)
- Elasticsearch high CPU utilization and slow down. (APM-355779)
- Span kinds `consumer` and `server` are now considered in the span service page metrics (instead of only `server` span kind). (APM-359535)
- Security Problem API results no longer deviate from web UI results when using host filters in highly volatile environments. (APM-359195)
- Removed the Disk analytics extension settings page from the environment scope. (APM-361513)
- Fixed missing prefix in installation command for OneAgent and ActiveGate on Windows OS. (APM-357766)
- Improved results of some wildcard text search queries in Log Monitoring v2. (APM-348746)
- Fixed an issue that prevented browser and HTTP monitor creation in management zones using tag conditions. (APM-361639)
Transactions and services
- Removed some inconsistencies in URL filtering between multidimensional analysis and calculated service metrics. (APM-357085)
- Service list filters now show the correct labels (instead of ID) when navigating from a dashboard service health filter config for newly created and updated dashboard tiles. (APM-356268)
- The name of external web services no longer alternates between names; only stable input is used. Note: this fix may change the name of existing services!. (APM-357236)
- Fixed an issue where thread group names in thread analysis might be empty. (APM-356617)
- Number formatting has been corrected in app type chart tooltips. (RUM-4635)