Dynatrace SaaS release notes version 1.235
TLS 1.0 and 1.1 end-of-support for RUM data
As of April 2022, Dynatrace is retiring TLS 1.0 and TLS 1.1 for Dynatrace SaaS RUM data. For more details, see TLS 1.0 and 1.1 end-of-support for RUM data.
Session Replay masking v1 end-of-life
Starting with Dynatrace version 1.240, Session Replay masking v1 will no longer be supported. For details, check Dynatrace SaaS release notes version 1.233.
Automatic connection of traces and log data
Automatically connecting log data to traces works for all log data, no matter how the log data was ingested by Dynatrace. For details, see Connecting log data to traces (Logs Classic)
Non-admin users no longer see notification banners regarding OneAgents and ActiveGates life cycle management.
New features and enhancements
Dynatrace now automatically handles OneAgent reporting of software components, so new customers don't need to manually enable it anymore.
- For existing customers with OneAgent versions 1.231+ (Node.js and PHP) and 1.233+ (.NET), no action is necessary.
- For earlier OneAgent versions, you need to manually activate the software component reporting features. For details, see Troubleshoot Application Security.
The Record again feature for browser clickpaths now lets you choose between recording a clickpath over completely (from the first event URL) or after playing back to a specified script event.
Data explorer and dashboards
New visualization: stacked graph (column)
Add images to your dashboards
To add a graphic to your dashboard, edit your dashboard and drag an Image tile into position. You can then select an image to upload. For details, see Available tiles
Generic root cause analysis
The generic root cause analysis feature is now available. It searches the vertical and horizontal stacks for events that are correlated with the trigger event, and tries to add them to the root cause analysis of a problem.
Settings security policies
These previously existing settings are now available to be used in security policies:
Settings > Server-side service monitoring > Calculated service metrics
To learn about changes to the Dynatrace API in this release, see Dynatrace API changelog version 1.235.
General Availability (Build 1.235.121)
The 1.235 GA release contains 17 resolved issues (including 2 vulnerability resolutions).
|Cluster||14 (1 vulnerability)|
|Extensions||1 (1 vulnerability)|
- Vulnerability: For security reasons, it is now mandatory to use an HTTPS endpoint to set up user session export and for the access token URL field if you are using OAuth2 authentication. Existing configurations using an HTTP endpoint still work, but they need to be updated to HTTPS if edited. (APM-338346)
- Fixed a bug that prevented users with write access to the `builtin:anomaly-detection.metric-events` schema from editing custom events for alerting. (APM-349748)
- Kubernetes event date/time is now corrected to the current date/time if the received date/time is in the future due to a host/time issue. (APM-345661)
- Request naming rules that use request attributes of type integer no longer cast the integer value to double. (APM-348343)
- Custom process group monitoring rule values are now correctly checked for illegal separator characters. (APM-347408)
- Fixed an issue, in which performance degradation happened on some settings write API requests. (APM-354058)
- Fixed an issue in which Kubernetes workload label and Kubernetes namespace label might be removed when going from a "Service health" tile on a dashboard to service list. (APM-352095)
- Added support for German umlauts in problem notification placeholder values. (APM-348640)
- Fixed, browser exclusion settings 2.0 that were shown for applications other than auto injected applications. (RUM-4394)
- Resolved an issue where metric data would be incorrectly or only partially displayed when a metric was ingested with a monitored entity dimension. (APM-352822)
- User ID breadcrumb is now correctly parsed and displayed on the user details page. (APM-347834)
- Service request naming no longer uses invalid data for custom services. (APM-349598)
- A 404 error no longer occurs when the user removes a tag on the ESXi host page. (APM-346125)
- Fixed issue that extensions could not be uploaded via Hub UI for Dynatrace for Government (FedRAMP). (APM-349255)
- Inconsistent host coverage data, which can occur if software component reporting is enabled but the reported hosts are not ensured in Dynatrace, now only logs a warning (downgraded from throwing an exception) to avoid breaking the Application Security overview page. (APM-350518)
- The SLO `timeframe` property (mandatory, used to create/update SLOs) was not present in the Swagger documentation with its respective example. It can now be found in the corresponding request body examples for POST /slo and PUT /slo. (APM-348140)
- Vulnerability: The aiohttp library used in the Docker extension has been updated to version 3.8.1. (APM-345850)
Update 123 (Build 1.235.123)
This cumulative update contains 1 resolved issue and all previously released updates for the 1.235 release.
- Fixed null pointer exception that occurred during evaluation for alerting on metric expressions. (APM-346741)
Update 151 (Build 1.235.151)
This cumulative update contains 2 resolved issues and all previously released updates for the 1.235 release.
- Tenant CountryCode can be used to adjust IP and geolocation resolution based on political variations. When set to China, for example, Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Macao are resolved as regions within China rather than as countries in their own right. This resolves an issue where this was not applying for mobile visits. (RUM-4510)
- After manual update of ActiveGate to a specific version via REST, the module update no longer fails. (APM-354104)