- Added support for .NET Core 3.0
- Added support for mssql 5.x, 6.x, 7.x
Current Dynatrace OneAgent technology support changes
Dynatrace OneAgent 1.177 is the last version to support the following technologies
- .NET Core 1.0, 1.1 for .NET Core
- The vendor has de-supported this technology and version with 2019-06-27
Future Dynatrace OneAgent technology support changes
Dynatrace OneAgent 1.183 will be the last version to support the following technologies
- IBM WebSphere Application Server 8.0 for Java
Future Dynatrace OneAgent operating systems support changes
The following operating systems will no longer be supported starting 01 March 2022
- Linux: Google Container-Optimized OS 81 LTS
The following operating systems will no longer be supported starting 01 April 2022
The following operating systems will no longer be supported starting 01 July 2022
- Linux: CentOS 8.x
- Linux: CentOS 8.x
- Linux: CentOS 8.x
- Linux: Google Container-Optimized OS 85 LTS
- Linux: openSUSE 15.2
- Windows: Windows Desktop 2004
- Windows: Windows Server 2004
The following operating systems will no longer be supported starting 01 August 2022
Other upcoming support changes
- Pivotal Platform PAS version 2.3.x (End of general support by Pivotal in August 2019)
OneAgent version 1.179 is the last version that supports Pivotal Platform version 2.3.x.
- Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform 3.7 and lower (End of maintenance support by Red Hat ended in July 2019).
OneAgent version 1.179 is the last version that supports OpenShift 3.7.
- Kubernetes versions 1.9 and lower are no longer actively maintained by the Kubernetes community. The major public cloud providers offer managed Kubernetes 1.10 or higher.
OneAgent version 1.179 is the last version that supports Kubernetes 1.9.
- Java 6 WebSphere Application Server version 8.5 (EOS by IBM in April 2018)
OneAgent 1.183 will be the last version that supports WebSphere version 8.5 with Java 6. Going forward, only combinations with Java 7 or higher will be supported
- 32bit versions of Go applications
OneAgent 1.181 will be the last version that will support 32bit Go lang applications. 99.99 percent of all go applications are 64bit, which is why we decided not to support 32bit any longer.
Starting with OneAgent 1.177, WebSphere Application Servers will be detected as distinct process instances, even when multiple cluster members (JVMs) of the same cluster run on the same host. This change doesn't impact the composition of process groups or services and can be overriden as shown in Adapt the composition of default process groups.
Cloud platform support
- Dynatrace integration of Azure Monitor now allows the consumption of Azure Alerts via webhooks. Alerts are automatically translated into events, which can be either problem-raising events or informational events. Make use of Azure Monitor capabilties such as metric alerts or activity log alerts to add even more details.
- OneAgent Operator version 0.4.1 and 0.4.2 release includes bugfixes for automatic configuration of Istio.
- Dynatrace fully supports vanilla Kubernetes 1.16 clusters with underlying Docker, containerd, and CRI-O container runtimes on Linux. Support for Kubernetes 1.16 requires OneAgent Operator v0.4.2 or higher.
- Redirects of requests to Kubernetes configuration API will be removed with 1.181.
- The Dynatrace API provides an immutable full BOSH release for rolling out full-stack monitoring for any BOSH managed Linux VMs, including Cloud Foundry. This BOSH release contains and ships with OneAgent. It supplements the (still) fully supported bootstrapping BOSH release in our GitHub repository. More information is available in the Dynatrace documentation for the OneAgent BOSH release.
- Dynatrace now also supports Pivotal Cloud Foundry PAS version 2.7. For details refer to the Dynatrace support model for full-stack PCF PAS monitoring.
- PCF PAS version 2.3.x (End of general support by Pivotal in August 2019). OneAgent version 1.179 is the last version that supports PCF version 2.3.x.
- PCF PAS version 2.4.x (last version 1.181)
- Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform 3.7 and lower (end of maintenance support by Red Hat ended in July 2019). OneAgent version 1.179 is the last version that supports OpenShift 3.7.
- Red Hat OpenShift 3.9 & 3.10 will no longer be supported by OneAgent version 1.183
- Kubernetes versions 1.9 or lower are no longer actively maintained by the Kubernetes community. The major public cloud providers offer managed Kubernetes 1.10 and higher. OneAgent version 1.179 is the last version that supports Kubernetes 1.9.
General Availability (Build 1.177)
The 1.177 GA release contains 58 resolved issues.
Agent & SG
- Improved handling of OS notifications. (APM-199158)
- Fix storage of HTTP headers in cUrl sensor in PHP NG oneagent. (APM-191306)
- MetricGroup field added in plugin sdk examples. (APM-190867)
- Data gathering for plugin SDK demo application launched with plugin_sdk script. (APM-193085)
- Ocasional plugin libraries import error is fixed. (APM-196927)
- Installer failed to set proper permissions if getent command was not available. (APM-191937)
- OneAgent MSI .TMP files are now properly removed from %WINDIR%\Installer. (APM-193491)
- Logging information produced on OneAgent service startup failure was improved. (APM-195523)
- Fixed SELinux compatibility issue on RHEL 8 and CentOS 8. (APM-199800)
- Resolved memory leak in os agent with processes where the environment exceeds 32KiB. (ONE-28050)
- Failing garden detection could result in unmonitored Cloud Foundry containers. (ONE-27588)
- Resolved incompatibility with Zend Guard when used with multiple openssl versions. (ONE-28248)
- Reduced dependencies on the /proc filesystem for AIX, allowing injection for processes that can not access their proc entries from their process. (ONE-28674)
- Addressed bug that could cause empty process group names for Apache Tomcat processes on Windows. (ONE-28887)
- Fixed unknown host issue for Google Cloud Platform's private cluster, where no public IP address is available. (ONE-27959)
- The calculation of the sockets is now performed by the number of processor entries and by checking if the system is hyperthreaded. (ONE-28099)
- fixed problem with inheriting stack size from php instances on windows x86. (ONE-28272)
- Dynamic loading of libraries could cause a crash of monitored processes on Solaris. (ONE-27872)
- Creation for JMX/PMI plugin for WebSphere AS on Solaris fails. (ONE-28081)
- Ambient sampling may introduce high overhead in app with large number of threads. (ONE-27903)
- ConcurrentModificationException in JDBC sensor causing memory leak and missing JDBC nodes. (ONE-27664)
- HTTPS request for JS agent causing NullPointerException on Websphere 9.0. (ONE-27613)
- Java Real user monitoring v2 leads to 30s delays on Weblogic. (ONE-27564)
- Same database statement appears as 'SQL Modifications' and 'SQL Queries and Procedures'. (ONE-26436)
- The .NET Instrumentation Cache feature may caused failing request when used in an Azure App Service. (ONE-27682)
- The host was not captured correctly for outgoing HTTP requests, when HttpClient.BaseAddress with relative URLs was used. (ONE-28414)
- The WCF sensor might trigger an exception, when custom WCF channels are used. (ONE-28587)
- Processing http headers of outgoing requests was not working since Node.js 12.9.0. (ONE-28125)
- Race race condition in UemSensor fixed, causing occasional Agent crashes. (ONE-28464)
- Context passing to callbacks passed as argument to SDK tracers was not working. (ONE-28554)
- fs.writev added in 12.9.0 was not instrumented. (ONE-28858)
- Node.js Core File System sensor (fs) conflicted with "thenify" module. (ONE-28988)
- Avoid creating a separate Dynatrace service for each method of a gRPC service. (ONE-27279)
- Fixed potential Agent crash caused by web request sensor. (ONE-27705)
- Fixed an issue with the fetch module to handle overridden window.Request properties correctly. (ONE-28224)
- Fixed an issue with the XMLHttpRequest module that occurred, when setRequestHeader was called with an undefined header name. (ONE-28118)
- Fixed an issue with the jquery module to better handle double wrapped jquery. (ONE-28625)
- Improved handling of rotated files. (APM-195706)
- This fix provides a detection for the PaaS type OpenShift for the new OpenShift version 4.1. Without this fix Kubernetes was detected instead. (APM-193995)
- Fixing wrong pattern in log entry which might crash phpagent. (ONE-28052)
- fixing crash for external php extension which are evaluating php code during module initialization. (ONE-27940)
- Fixed memory leak when PHP exceptions are thrown. (APM-193622)
- Custom Services endswith criteria for filename fixed. (ONE-28170)
- NGINX Plus metrics not working if proxy_cache_path defined without max_size. (ONE-28140)
- Xamarin: fixed potential deadlock. (ONE-27249)
- Cordova Plugin: improved detection of iOS Info.plist file during build. (ONE-27581)
- OneAgent for Android: fixed reader resource not closed. (ONE-27807)
- OneAgent for Android: Improved auto user action handling. (ONE-28126)
- OneAgent for Android: Improved thread handling in agent shutdown. (ONE-28171)
- OneAgent for iOS: made request linking independent from threadId. (ONE-27960)
- OneAgent for iOS: resolved zip library symbol clash. (ONE-28134)
- Token is hidden in Plugin SDK console output. (APM-193526)
Agent Build 2.0
- Agent loader prevents Apache graceful restarts on AIX and solaris-x86. (ONE-28929)
- Sampling the collection of Session Replay performance beacons. (ONE-27673)
- Fixed an exception occurring on browsers not supporting session recording, when attempting to initialize a 'Set' instance. (ONE-28120)
- Synthetic module installer must not alter sysctl settings. (APM-182022)
- Synthetic monitor execution not recovering after temporary Beacon Forwarder unavailability or misconfiguration of Cluster Active Gate's URL. (APM-190345)
- "Unknown" browser type reported on Windows Active Gates. (APM-191247)
Early Adopter releases
The following Early Adopter releases are in progress starting with this OneAgent release.
OneAgent 1.177 | .NET messaging MSMQ
|Min. OneAgent version||1.177|
|Enable||Go to Settings > Monitoring > Monitored technologies and switch .NET messaging MSMQ on.|
|Description||.NET MSMQ messaging tracing.|
|Planned GA date||Not yet confirmed|OneAgent 1.177 | Node.js MSSql
|Technologies||Node.js, Microsoft SQL Server|
|Min. OneAgent version||1.177|
|Enable||Go to Settings > Monitoring > Monitored technologies and switch Node.js MSSql on.|
|Description||Enable this to get visibility into MSSql DB statements in Node.js applications.|
|Planned GA date||Not yet confirmed|OneAgent 1.177 | PHP Microsoft SQL Server (PHP NG Monitoring only)
|Technologies||PHP, Microsoft SQL Server|
|Min. OneAgent version||1.177|
|Enable||Go to Settings > Monitoring > Monitored technologies and switch PHP Microsoft SQL Server (PHP NG Monitoring only) on.|
|Description||Enable this to get visibility into Microsoft SQL Server statements in PHP applications. This feature is available for PHP NG monitoring only.|
|Planned GA date||Not yet confirmed|