OneAgent and ActiveGate release notes version 1.169
- Added support for Java 12
- Added support for Spring WebFlux WebClient
- Added support for Vert.x 3.6, 3.7
IBM Integration Bus
- Improved error handling in IIB message flows by supporting thrown exceptions and TryCatch nodes.
- Added support for NGINX 1.11.5+ on Linux PPC-LE
Added support for all POSIX-compliant user and group names to full-stack OneAgent installer for Linux, thus making it possible to also use dots, underscores, and hyphens.
Removed a number of smaller issues and improved the overall resiliency of the OneAgent installer.
OneAgent support changes
Dynatrace OneAgent support of the following platforms and components will be discontinued within the next 6 months
- Oracle Hotspot JVM v10 (non‑LTS). Oracle discontinued Premium Support in September 2018. Please consult the Oracle support matrix for further details. OneAgent version 1.169 will be the last version that supports Oracle Hotspot JVM v10.
- OpenJDK v10 (non‑LTS). Oracle discontinued Premium Support in September 2018. Red Hat, the primary supporter of OpenJDK, has never officially supported OpenJDK v10. OneAgent version 1.169 will be the last version that supports OpenJDK v10.
- PHP 5.6 support has been extended and will reach end-of-life in November 2019.
- Pivotal Platform PAS version v2.2.x (Pivotal support for this version ended in April 2019. Please consult Pivotal's support matrix for further details.) OneAgent version 1.171 will be the last version that supports Pivotal Platform version 2.2.x.
Cloud Platform support
- Cloud Foundry Gorouter metrics are now also available on Process group pages (as Technology-specific metrics).
- Cloud Foundry Auctioneer metrics are available on process group pages as well as process group instance pages. You'll find Auctioneer metrics on each Process group instance page under Further details.
- It's now possible to use custom Truststore files for Cloud Foundry integration (see details below in the ActiveGate section).
- We’ve extended full-stack visibility into
containerdcontainers for Kubernetes environments.
- Dynatrace fully supports vanilla Kubernetes 1.14 clusters with underlying Docker, containerd and CRI-O container runtimes on Linux.
- Introducing management zones for Kubernetes clusters. Management zones can be used to control access to Kubernetes cluster pages.
- The node analysis filter allows for filtering by problem impact.
- It's now possible to use custom Truststore files for the Kubernetes integration (see details below in the ActiveGate section).
- ActiveGate can now be configured to use a custom TrustStore file. All you need to do is:
- Add the SSL certificate to your private TrustStore file (for example,
sslActiveGate subdirectory (for example,
- Adapt your
custom.propertiesfile by adding the following configuration:
- Add the SSL certificate to your private TrustStore file (for example,
[collector] trustedstore = mytrust.jks # the following entries are optional trustedstore-password = changeit trustedstore-type = JKS
Ensure that the certificate validation wasn't disabled in
custom.properties. Note that certification validation is enabled by default.
[http.client.external] hostname-verification = yes certificate-validation = yes
You can find further details in the Customize ActiveGate properties section.
ActiveGate support changes
Here are the de-support plans for ActiveGate
- OneAgent version 1.177 will be the last version to support only 32-bit host IDs. By that time, all ActiveGates older than version 1.144 will need to be upgraded to the newer releases in order to properly support OneAgent 64 bit IDs. Failure to do this will result in OneAgent being unable to communicate with the Dynatrace Cluster via these older versions of ActiveGate. Other than that, this change will be completely transparent.
General Availability (Build 1.169)
The 1.169 GA release contains 104 resolved issues.
|Agent & SG||5|
Agent & SG
- Diagnostic archive should contains 'id dtuser' and 'nswitch.conf'. (APM-166665)
- Remove jemalloc from Network Agent. (APM-57870)
- Collecting PurePath attachments when using PDO in persistent connection mode has been fixed. (APM-170351)
- Support signed and packed plugins in Plugin Agent. (APM-169194)
- Directory for unpacked plugins in local plugin agent. (APM-173345)
- add simulation mode for MemoryProtection so that we can safe check on production what would happen if we turn it on. (APM-172251)
- LInux Synthetic Installer - adapt to new watchdog. (APM-173929)
- ActiveGate Windows Installer: upgrade check should include version timestamp. (APM-131383)
- AG installer is unnecessarily downloaded during installation and manual upgrade. (APM-171626)
- AG should support user provided CA certificates. (APM-139972)
- AG: autoupdater@win: verify packages signature. (APM-160704)
- Linux AG Installer should preserve connectivity_history.properties. (APM-149599)
- Manual AG upgrade with disabled Autopdate must upgrade other components. (APM-146028)
- AG updater should read installers path from AG configuration. (APM-152695)
- SG (AG) Windows installer - preserve MSI log. (APM-87159)
- Add launcheruserconfig.conf to SupportArchive. (APM-170341)
- Restrict Chromium version on clean AG installs. (APM-172266)
- Autoupdate EAP - configuration properties unnecessarily migrated during autoupdate. (APM-173318)
- Windows Installer AG : create supportarchive directory. (APM-173428)
- Since version 1.163 Windows Installer ignores proxy settings. (APM-173430)
- Report OS memory usage in SFM of AG. (APM-172351)
- Windows AG Installer should uninstall External Modules during uninstallation of AG. (APM-170885)
- Linux installer: proxy settings - support for format username:email@example.com:8080. (APM-173460)
- Windows installer: proxy settings - support for format username:firstname.lastname@example.org:8080. (APM-115146)
- AG Windows installer - add ENABLE_BROWSER_MONITORS parameter and configuration template. (APM-175107)
- Non-Throttling related 1 minute gaps in RDS CPU Utilization etc graphs. (APM-174793)
- Fixed error pop-up appearing in quiet mode of EXE installer when an invalid unpack path is specified. (APM-172469)
- Added support for all POSIX-compliant user/group names to full-stack Linux installer. (APM-170209)
- Windows uninstaller now clears COR_ENABLE_PROFILING and COR_PROFILER variables which were erroneously set by the previous versions. (APM-170802)
- Auto-update failure reason will now properly report and differentiate drives in case agent was installed in a custom path. (APM-171470)
- PROXY parameter provided via Windows installer GUI is no longer ignored. (APM-173198)
- UTF16 strings have been truncated wrong (used by the MBAgent). Default truncation length is 250 and strings have been truncated with length 125. This is now handled correctly and strings are truncated with 250 characters. (ONE-23842)
- Java agent breaking worklight application. (ONE-23591)
- Java agent causing CPU overhead during Websphere Commerce server startup. (ONE-23055)
- Add support for WebFlux HTTP client. (ONE-21313)
- Class search was not working with enabled .NET Instrumentation Cache feature . (ONE-25077)
- Address issue when "should" (asserting library) was used, which caused internal Agent exceptions. (ONE-23467)
- Addressed an auto-injection issue, if a script inside a node module is preloaded via -r. (ONE-24196)
- Blocking SIGPROF signal (used by Zend engine to force max execution time) in oneagent helper-threads to avoid catching SIGPROF by them. (ONE-24393)
- Fixed an issue in the XHR module where it did not throw an exception correctly if "responseText" was accessed, but the responseType was not "" or "text". (ONE-23002)
- Improved error handling in the dojo module. (ONE-23456)
- Config was not correctly validated in the angular module, which caused an exception. (ONE-22779)
- Fixed issues with memory collection with Internet Explorer. (ONE-23538)
- Fixed problem with context propagation in the angular module. (ONE-24193)
- Fixed an exception that occurred when an exception with wrong datatypes happened. (ONE-24195)
- Correctly closing actions angular actions where all listeners have been unsubscribed. (ONE-24190)
- Fixed a problem in the Visually Complete module that happened when Internet Explorer unloaded frames. (APM-173974)
- Fixed an issue that occurs if the config for XHRs is frozen using Object.freeze. (ONE-24697)
- Added a workaround for a Firefox 60 bug that caused a NullPointer Exception when the style of an element is accessed. (ONE-24889)
- Allow cost control setting to be changed without requiring to redeploy JS tag when injected inline. (ONE-24273)
- Links href attribute value is recorded despite links are not clickable on replay. (ONE-24727)
- Masking lost when parent node is removed and added back. (ONE-24743)
- More robust linking of long-running Apache proxy scenarios. (ONE-16707)
- Support for NGINX 1.2.5. (ONE-23951)
- More robust handling of NGINX reloads. (ONE-23576)
- Support for NGINX binaries built with Clang. (ONE-23553)
- Cordova plugin: improved minified HTML instrumentation support. (ONE-23871)
- OneAgent for iOS: disabled local caching for agent requests. (ONE-24301)
- Symbolication Client: add support for Xcode 10.2. (ONE-23732)
- Cordova Plugin: improved handling of auto-update settings. (ONE-24386)
- Fixed Watchdog crash during rapid start and stop sequence. (APM-176783)
- oneagenthelper injection for containerd. (ONE-22668)
- RPM smoke test before release - customer perpecitve + documentation. (APM-173411)
- RPM blackduckscan update before GA. (APM-172173)
- RPM smoke test before release - new plugin + sdk + quota. (APM-173410)
- Linux installer test should cover upgrade scenario. (APM-154249)
- Sample RPA plugin with full JSON overview. (APM-132435)
- Test of REST API and agent scalability. (APM-171336)
- Download remote plugin via configuration REST API. (APM-169285)
- Built-in remote plugins REST API. (APM-169418)
- Protobuf serialization should work on z/Linux. (APM-169470)
- Make ProcessClassifierTest pass on k8s POD. (APM-170480)
- Move process discovery tests from BigTest framework to remote BigTest framework. (APM-171898)
- Added parsing of new format of MySQL `datadir` command-line parameter. This should address cases where MySQL groups were not split by the `datadir` parameter. (APM-172829)
- Kubernetes worker nodes will now be labeled as 'worker' instead of 'node'. (APM-171872)
- Fixed an issue, where Apache processes running in CRI-O containers would get merged into one PGI. (APM-163552)
- 32bit MSSQL processes should now be properly recognized on 64bit Windows. (APM-176676)
- Detection of multiple IP addresses per network interface is now possible on AIX. (APM-172098)
- Network Interface offloading capabilities can now be retrieved on kernels older than 2.6.33. (APM-158437)
- Check Network Agent with winpcap / npcap on k8s host with flannel plugin. (APM-165377)
- Log Agent need to support hash sign as wildcard for digit for custom files. (APM-172208)
- Fallback strategy for IBM Integration Bus service name detection in case message flows are not deployed in an application container: The service name derived after following rules: - if appname exists -> use appname - if no appname but libname exists -> use libname - if no appname and no libname exists -> use integration server (aka execution group) name. (ONE-23734)
- Usersession REST Export: Observe Management Zone in the query for sample/test export. (APM-171973)
- Screenshots with failing upload attempts are not purged automatically. (APM-175216)
- There is constant number of requests for a script though not changed script should be cached in memory. (APM-163789)
- Do not schedule second attempts if there is no capacity. (APM-164306)
- Persistent monitors data distribution. (APM-173422)
- Add read-scope to all GET operations of the Public Synthetic REST API endpoints. (APM-161482)
- Create tests for the Public Synthetic REST API. (APM-148081)
- Replace YAJSW with a Dynatrace Watchdog/Native Launcher. (APM-169021)
- Research and implement Chrome crash dump collecting on Windows private installation. (APM-171759)
- VUC TransactionLoggingPurger sets file permissions on Windows. (APM-173092)
- Remove Class column from test data table. (APM-173214)
- Provide documentation for VUC status & healthcheck endpoints on AG. (APM-173922)
- Update Synthetic locations endpoint in cluster. (APM-147853)
- Put Watchdog logs from VUC in /var/log/dynatrace/synthetic. (APM-174068)
- Use PID of VUC wrapper in service definition. (APM-174565)
- No way of determining the External ID when searching by visit ID. (APM-175163)
- If dynatracefunctions is not present, vuc service attempts to remove root mount point. (APM-175360)
- VUC doesn't report engine version & status to the Cluster. (APM-178113)
- VUC service shutdown fails due to a missing timeout definition. (APM-178770)
- Added support for OneAgent SDK for .NET 1.3.0. (ONE-22703)
- Plugin simulator support Python 3.7 runtime. (APM-174376)
- RabbitMQ plugin works correctly when /api/consumers endpoint is not available. (APM-173946)