IBM DataPower Gateway helps organizations meet the security and integration needs of a digital business in a single multi-channel gateway. It provides security, control, integration and optimized access to a full range of mobile, web, application programming interface (API), service-oriented architecture (SOA), B2B and cloud workloads. IBM does not permit the installation of 3rd party monitoring within DataPower instances, and as a result, DataPower monitoring via the OneAgent is not feasible. Dynatrace is now pleased to provide remote infrastructure monitoring of DataPower devices via the DataPower ActiveGate extension.
The extension queries your DataPower instances every minute for key metrics, properties, and events. The ingested data provides Dynatrace with near real-time visibility into host performance and enables us to present actionable insights using automatically generated visualization tools, dashboards, info-graphics, and reports.
- Dynatrace 1.156 or above
- ActiveGate 1.155 or Above
- A DataPower appliance with the XML Management Interface enabled
- Valid API authentication credentials
Interested in monitoring your DataPower devices with Dynatrace?
If you're interested in leveraging our industry-leading capabilities to monitor your DataPower implementation, please reach out to your Dynatrace contact or complete this form to receive additional information and next steps.
ActiveGate Installation (if neccessary)
- Navigate to Deploy Dynatrace > Set up remote monitoring, select your preferred OS, and follow the instructions to install both the ActiveGate and the ActiveGate plugin module.
DataPower Extension Installation
- Obtain the
DataPower pluginzip file and unzip it to the
- Restart the Dynatrace Remote Plugin Module service.
- Return to the ActiveGate installation instructions and click the Upload ActiveGate plugin link at the bottom of the page.
- Click Upload plugin button and upload the
unzippedfile through the Dynatrace UI.
- Enter the endpoint information requested for connecting to DataPower device:
- Endpoint name: Meaningful and descriptive name
- User: The username for account connecting to the XML Management Interface
- Password: The password for said account
- URL to the XML Management Interface: The domain name entered will be used for differentiating the devices if there are several
- Require a valid SSL certificate: (Un)checked depending on whether or not a valid SSL certificate is required
- Enable debug logging: Leave unchecked by default, can be checked if requested by Dynatrace support in order to investigate an issue
- Comma-separated domains: Allows for filtering which domains should be monitored
- Comma-separated services: Allows for filtering which services should be monitored
- Name of the group: If the device is part of a cluster, enter the name here to group the devices within the GUI.
The IP address of all network interfaces and the ports used by the services is automatically captured, as are the following metrics:
- CPU load
- Crypto Engine
- Free/Used/Total memory
- Requested memory
- Free/Total encrypted
- Free/Total temporary
- Free/Total internal
Network (split by interface)
- Received throughput
- Received packages
- Dropped received packets
- Received errors
- Transmitted throughput
- Transmitted packages
- Dropped transmitted packets
- Transmitted errors
- Connections accepted
Services (split by services and domains)
- Number of calls
- Response time
- Availability (enabled, but status is not up)
- Pending messages in queue
Tasks (split by tasks)
- Pending messages in queue
- File count
WSM Agent (split by domains)
- Active subscribers
- Records lost
- Queue of pending/complete records