The different PHP versions have support timelines defined by PHP. Please refer to Supported PHP versions at php.net to see which versions are currently supported by PHP and when each version is planned for end of support.
- Deprecated versions don't receive updates or security patches, so running them in production should be avoided.
- Dynatrace is committed to supporting each PHP version for at least as long as the vendor supports it (in most cases, support extends for at least six months beyond this point).
|PHP version||Vendor released||Vendor End of life||Supported by Dynatrace until||First supported OneAgent Version||Last supported OneAgent Version|
For details on PHP 8.0, see below.
Support for PHP 8.0
- OneAgent 1.207+
- PHP NG monitoring must be enabled
To enable PHP 8.0 monitoring in Dynatrace
- Go to Settings > Monitoring > Monitored technologies
- Open PHP for editing (select the pencil icon).
- Turn on Enable PHP 8.0 RC monitoring on every host.
Messaging for unsupported versions
When OneAgent detects an unsupported PHP version, we exclude it from monitoring and display a warning in the process overview page:
Activation of deep monitoring was unsuccessful Process version is not supported
We also write the message to the error logs on the host machine.
See the environments and versions that Dynatrace supports in conjunction with PHP and the PHP supported versions.