With Dynatrace and Jira integration, issue tickets are generated automatically for all new problems that are auto-detected in your Dynatrace environments.
Atlassian Jira is the most popular issue tracking system available today. A high percentage of development and operations departments worldwide use Jira for issue management. The ability of Jira to manage issues, trigger workflows, and track code and production changes is crucial for modern DevOps departments.
Easy, direct integration of Dynatrace and Atlassian Jira saves you a lot of manual work and completely automates the reporting of Dynatrace-detected problems in your monitored environment into your organization's Jira project.
Configure Jira integration
To configure Jira integration with Dynatrace
- Go to Settings > Integration > Problem notifications and select Set up notifications.
- On the Set up JIRA integration page, enter your configuration settings:
- Enter a Name for this integration.
- Enter the JIRA endpoint URI.
- Enter the corresponding Username and API token for this Jira project.
- Enter the JIRA Project key (not the project name) of the Jira project where new issues are to be created and tracked.
- To find all available project keys: within Jira, go to Projects > View all projects.
- Enter the Jira Issue type that should be used for issues detected by Dynatrace.
- You must specify an issue type that's already been set up in Jira or your integration will fail.
- To find all available issue types or create a new issue type: within Jira, go to Options > Issues.
- Enter a brief Summary of the issue and a more detailed Issue description.
Besides plain text, your summary and issue description can both include placeholders that are automatically replaced by relevant problem details, such as problem ID, state, or impact. You can copy and paste placeholders from the Available placeholders list on your Set up JIRA integration page.
- Select Send test notification to make sure your Jira-Dynatrace integration is working.
- If the test works, select Save.
After you save it, your integration is listed on the Set up notifications page (Settings > Integration > Problem notifications).
With your Jira integration complete, Jira tickets are now automatically created within your Jira project for all Dynatrace auto-detected problems.
- Dynatrace automatically updates the severity levels of issues in Jira based on their impact to your applications and customer experience.
- Dynatrace does not automatically close resolved issues. You need to close Jira issues manually.