In addition to acting as a proxy between Dynatrace OneAgent and the Dynatrace Cluster, ActiveGate enables you to monitor various technologies. ActiveGate can be installed on Windows, Linux, Kubernetes, or OpenShift.
You can use a number of command parameters with both the Linux and the Windows installers:
Dynatrace supports two types of ActiveGate, Environment ActiveGate and Cluster ActiveGate. If you use Dynatrace SaaS, you only need to install an Environment ActiveGate. Dynatrace Managed deployments typically require both ActiveGate types, although the most important type for Dynatrace Managed is the Cluster ActiveGate.
An Environment ActiveGate can be
- Classic - runs on a virtual or physical host and has multiple modules (except for the Synthetic module, which can't coexist with other modules)
- Cloud-native - runs in a container and has only one module
- Customize ActiveGate properties
- Network ports used by ActiveGate
- Set up a proxy for ActiveGate
- Set up a reverse proxy for ActiveGate
- Configure custom SSL certificate for ActiveGate
- Configure trusted root certificates on ActiveGate
- Configure ciphers on ActiveGate
- Configure an Environment ActiveGate for multi-environment support
- Configure ActiveGate launcher
- ActiveGate files