In addition to acting as a proxy between Dynatrace OneAgent and the Dynatrace Cluster, ActiveGate enables you to monitor various technologies. ActiveGate can be installed on Windows, Linux, Kubernetes, or OpenShift.
You can use a number of command parameters with both the Linux and the Windows installers:
Dynatrace supports two types of ActiveGate, Environment ActiveGate and Cluster ActiveGate. If you use Dynatrace SaaS, you only need to install an Environment ActiveGate. Dynatrace Managed deployments typically require both ActiveGate types, although the most important type for Dynatrace Managed is the Cluster ActiveGate.
An Environment ActiveGate can be
- Classic - runs on a virtual or physical host and has multiple modules (except for the Synthetic module, which can't coexist with other modules)
- Cloud-native - runs in a container and has only one module
- Configuration properties and parameters of ActiveGate
- Proxy for ActiveGate
- Reverse proxy or load balancer for ActiveGate
- Custom SSL certificate for ActiveGate
- Trusted root certificates for ActiveGate
- Cipher configuration for ActiveGate
- Multi-environment deployment of ActiveGate
- ActiveGate directories