You can define a custom location for tag injection by adjusting application settings. You can, for example, tell Dynatrace to inject the tag before or after a defined string in an HTML response. In the case of Java you can specify injection within the innermost or outermost
HttpServletResponse, within a custom servlet, or within a filter.
To access custom injection settings
- Click the Applications tile on your home dashboard.
- Select the application you want to configure.
- Click Edit on the menu bar.
- Click Advanced setup.
For more information see, How do I enable Real User Monitoring?
Depending on how you enable RUM, monitoring data is sent to Dynatrace within varying request types:
- If you have Dynatrace OneAgent installed:
- If you don't have Dynatrace OneAgent installed:
Data is sent directly to Dynatrace, bypassing your infrastructure.
Not sure that Real User Monitoring is working in your environment? Having trouble with your setup? Have a look at How can I verify that Real User Monitoring is working?