Dynatrace enables you to specify from which domains RUM beacons should be accepted by OneAgent and ActiveGate. A domain is stored in the
Origin header of each beacon request and, if accepted, is copied to the
Access-Control-Allow-Origin header of the response. If a domain specified in a beacon request isn't part of the this list, the domain is rejected and the beacon response returns the HTTP status code
403. When the allow list is empty, beacons are accepted from all domains.
To specify from which domains RUM beacons should be accepted by OneAgent and ActiveGate, you need to define a rule.
- Navigate to Settings > Web & mobile monitoring > Advanced setup.
- Select Add rule.
- Provide the correct pattern for the domain you want to specify.
- Select Add rule, and then select Save changes.
- This feature requires OneAgent version 1.171+, ActiveGate version 1.171+, and Dynatrace version 1.172+.
- Be aware that once you enable the first rule, any applications that don't match the rule will no longer collect Real User Monitoring data. This is not only limited to applications that send RUM beacons via CORS requests, but also to applications that send regular requests.