OneAgent can be used as an alternative beacon endpoint to allow for a smooth transition to Dynatrace mobile RUM.
This is especially useful in cases where your Cluster ActiveGate is internal-only and it can’t use a publicly available IP address. Dynatrace Managed can't be installed in such environments, and therefore can't manage the domain and create the trusted certificate.
Note: The instrumented OneAgent server must be one of the following technologies: Apache HTTP Server, IBM HTTP Server, Oracle HTTP Server, Java servlet-based web applications (such as Tomcat and Wildfly), IIS, NGINX, or Node.js.
To use OneAgent as a beacon endpoint on your Android application
- Select Applications from the navigation menu.
- Select the application you want to configure.
- Select the Browse [...] menu button, and then select Edit.
- From the Mobile app settings menu, select Instrumentation settings.
- Under Beacon endpoint, select the Instrumented web server option.
- Type the web server or Java application server (servlet-based) URL in the following format:
- Select Save beacon endpoint.
- On the Instrument wizard page, select the operating system.
- Build and test your mobile app to validate the configuration change.