Use OneAgent as a beacon endpoint
OneAgent can be used as an alternative beacon endpoint to allow for a smooth transition to Dynatrace mobile RUM.
This is especially useful in cases where your Cluster ActiveGate is internal-only and it can’t use a publicly available IP address. Dynatrace Managed can't be installed in such environments, and therefore can't manage the domain and create the trusted certificate.
Note: The instrumented OneAgent server must be one of the following technologies: Apache HTTP Server, IBM HTTP Server, Oracle HTTP Server, Java servlet-based web applications (such as Tomcat and Wildfly), IIS, NGINX, or Node.js.
To use OneAgent as a beacon endpoint on your Android application
- In the Dynatrace menu, go to Mobile.
- Select the mobile app that you want to configure.
- Select More (…) > Edit in the upper-right corner of the tile with your app name.
- From the app settings, go to General > Beacon Endpoint.
- From the Type dropdown list, select Instrumented web server.
- Enter the web server or Java application server (servlet-based) URL in the following format:
- Select Save changes.
- From the app settings, go to Instrumentation wizard, and select the required operating system.
- Build and test your mobile app to validate the configuration change.