The Disk Analytics extension enables you to inspect and analyze physical and logical local data storage devices such as disks, partitions, volumes, and software or hardware raids on Linux machines:
- Detailed metrics for all partitions, software or hardware raid instances, and logical volumes. The details include mount points, file system type, partition sizes, and encryption status.
- For devices with an assigned mountpoint, additionally file system stats are presented.
This extension is available only for Linux hosts.
Requirements and limitations
- The extension is available only for Linux hosts with OneAgent 1.233+ installed.
- The extension supports only local disk analysis, not network disks.
Custom metrics and DDU consumption
Disk Analytics extension metrics consume Davis data units (DDUs) for the selected hosts. For each disk device, one data point is sent per minute. A disk device includes each mount point, volume, partition, or raid instance.
After adding the extension to your environment, you can enable it for a host or host group. You can't enable it for an entire environment.
Install the extension
Before you can enable the extension, you need to install it.
- In the Dynatrace menu, go to Dynatrace Hub.
- Find and select Disk Analytics.
- Select Add to environment.
- The Disk Analytics page describes the extension and lists installed versions.
Enable the extension
This extension is automatically visible on the host page after it is added to the environment, but data collection (metrics) must be still enabled for the selected host or host group. This ensures full control of custom metrics and DDU consumption.
Once data collection is enabled, you can immediately view key metrics for all local disk instances and make a deeper inspection of any of the disk instances on the selected hosts.
Enable for host group
If you enable the extension for a host group, this setting overrides any setting on the environment level, but could in turn be overridden by a setting on the host level for any host in the host group.
To enable or disable the extension for all Linux hosts in a host group
- In the Dynatrace menu, go to Deployment status.
- On the OneAgents tab, turn off Show only recently connected hosts.
- Filter the table by
- The table now displays hosts in the host group for which you want to enable the extension.
- Each listed host has a Host group:
- Select the host group link in any row. If you have filtered by host group, they all go to the same host group.
- Select the Disk Analytics extension tab
- On the Disk Analytics extension tab for the selected host group, turn the extension on or off as needed.
Enable for host
If you enable the extension for a host, this overrides any setting on the host group or environment level.
To enable or disable the extension on one Linux host
- In the Dynatrace menu, go to Hosts and select the host on which you want to enable disk analytics.
- Select More (…) > Settings.
- On the Disk Analytics extension tab for the selected host, turn the extension on or off as needed.
- In the Dynatrace menu, go to Hosts and select the host on which you want to analyze local storage devices.
- Select the Linux disks tab to scroll the page down to the Linux disks section.