The software product lifecycle of a release requires careful management of release risks. Also, as more and more components and versions are deployed, the frequency of releases in your organization increases, and manually collecting release-relevant data can easily become a bottleneck in your release automation pipeline and automated software lifecycle.
Dynatrace offers a built-in release-analysis solution that helps you determine the following:
- Which versions are deployed across your deployment stages and production environments based on multiple version-detection strategies
- The release stages of the deployed versions
- The changelog for a new version
- Known bugs and whether they're release-blockers
- Risks related to specific versions
- Which version is taking too much load (for example, if you are temporarily redirecting load with a canary deployment)
- How the new version is behaving compared to previous versions
- Issue statistics related to the monitored entities
- Learn how to configure environment variables for version detection.
- Optionally, you can integrate your issue-tracking systems and configure dynamic queries.
Once you configure your software/issue tracker, you can analyze the software product lifecycle of your releases.