SQL data source
Dynatrace provides you with a framework that you can use to extend your observability into data acquired from a database using SQL queries.
We assume the following:
- You possess sufficient database subject matter expertise to create an extension. In particular, you know how to build and execute SQL queries.
- You're familiar with Extensions 2.0 basic concepts and the general structure of the extension YAML file.
Learn about the prerequisites and scope of the supported technologies. For limits applying to your extension, see Extensions 2.0 limits.
Supported Dynatrace versions
- Dynatrace version 1.239+
- Environment ActiveGate version 1.237+
Supported database providers
- Oracle standalone servers
- Oracle Multitenant (CDB/PDB)
- Oracle Database versions 12c-21c
- Oracle AWS RDS
- ActiveGate version 1.251+ Microsoft SQL Server
The SQL data source supports only remote database access using the basic authentication scheme.
See Oracle Database monitoring configuration to learn how to create an Oracle Database–specific monitoring configuration.
See Microsoft SQL Server monitoring configuration to learn how to create a Microsoft Database–specific monitoring configuration.