SQL data source
Dynatrace provides you with a framework that you can use to extend your observability into data acquired from a database using SQL queries.
We assume the following:
- You possess sufficient database subject matter expertise to create an extension. In particular, you know how to build and execute SQL queries.
- You're familiar with Extensions 2.0 basic concepts and the general structure of the extension YAML file.
Learn about the prerequisites and scope of the supported technologies. For limits applying to your extension, see Extensions 2.0 limits.
Supported Dynatrace versions
- Dynatrace version 1.239+
- ActiveGate version 1.237+
Supported database providers
The initial release is limited to Oracle Database. More providers are scheduled for later releases.
- Oracle standalone servers
- Oracle Multitenant (CDB/PDB)
- Oracle Database versions 12c-21c
The SQL data source supports only remote database access using the basic authentication scheme.