Read access to the Dynatrace API is free of charge on a fair use model. You're charged for defining and pushing new custom metrics through the Dynatrace API on a per-metric, per-month basis. Refer to Calculate Dynatrace monitoring consumption for detailed information about custom metric ingestion and how this affects your consumption of Dynatrace monitoring.
The payload size is limited to 1 MB. Exceptions are:
- Configuration API Mobile Symbolication API—you can upload symbolication files up to 100 MB.
- Configuration API Extensions API—you can upload extension ZIP files up to 50 MB.
- Configuration API Plugins API—you can upload plugin ZIP files up to 50 MB.
API access is limited in Dynatrace SaaS environments:
- Environment API 50 requests per minute.
- Environment API Synthetic endpoints—1,000 requests per minute.
- Configuration API 200 requests per minute.
When you reach the limit, your requests return the response code 429.
There is no rate limit for Dynatrace Managed installations.
Check remaining limit
To check the remaining limits, look at the response headers of your requests.
|X-RateLimit-Limit||The per-minute limit for this endpoint.|
|X-RateLimit-Remaining||The remaining number of requests.|
|X-RateLimit-Reset||The timestamp in microseconds when the limit will reset.|