Dynatrace Agent improvements and fixes
- Support for Thrift communication in Java
- Java RMI improvements
- Various fixes for Apache and IIS
- Fix for reporting disk read/write latency
CPU monitoring for Linux machines
In version 1.61 CPU monitoring for Linux machines has been enhanced with comprehensive breakdown of time spent in different modes- User, System, I/O wait. Other category groups times:
- in user mode with low priority (nice)
- servicing interrupts (irq)
- servicing softirqs (softirq)
- running a virtual CPU for guest operating system (guest)
- running a niced guest (guest_nice)
In addition for Xen-based systems Dynatrace provides insights into steal time, which plays an important role particularly in cloud environments and should be tracked closely.
Security Gateway improvements and fixes
- Fix for collision of virtual machine ID, which is a result of replication of virtual machine images through simple file copy operation. After the upgrade historical data for virtual machines won’t be accessible. This fix has no impact on the historical data of ESXi hosts.
- Fix for Security Gateway installer localization issue preventing successful installation.
Optimized Dynatrace services
The Dynatrace Broker service is not needed anymore and will be uninstalled. This ensures full visibility even during an upgrade of the Dynatrace Agent.