What is application topology discovery?
Application topology discovery is the ability to discover all components and dependencies of your entire technology stack, end-to-end. Application mapping is the process of mapping out these elements across your entire IT environment, through a visual graph, and then looking at how these applications are interconnected and dependent on each other. AI can be used to automate these actions.
Auto-discover your full technology stack in minutes
Dynatrace auto-discovers all the components and dependencies of your entire technology stack end-to-end. All you need to do is install a single agent.
- Dynatrace OneAgent discovers all the components and dependencies in your environment, end-to-end.
- Using this information, your entire application topology is visualized through an interactive map we call Smartscape.
- Smartscape automatically builds visualizations with no need for manual configuration, additional instrumentation, or scripts.
Dynatrace automatically learns how your application works
As it discovers your IT architecture topology, Dynatrace automatically learns your environment’s normal performance. You don’t need to verify baseline thresholds for metrics like response time and CPU health or adjust static alerting thresholds—it’s all handled for you automatically.
Get actionable insights into highly dynamic environments
The complexity and speed of change in today’s fluid and highly dynamic environments are simply beyond human capability to manage. With Dynatrace, you see how everything works together. Click any component to drill down into its performance details.
- Dynatrace automatically and continuously recognizes changes to your IT environment on the fly.
- Always have an up-to-date, real-time dynamic blueprint of your application architecture.
- Have all information about complex and dynamic IT environments at your fingertips—with no manual assembly or correlation of data.
Get a free trial
- Read our blog post to find out what observability means for Dynatrace.
- Read our blog post, to find out what Application Performance Management means for Dynatrace.
- Observability and beyond for the modern cloud: Accomplish cloud-native observability. Master the unknown unknowns, because software needs to work perfectly.
Recognized in the 2022 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ and Critical Capabilities reports
See why Gartner named us a leader in the 2022 Magic Quadrant™ for APM and Observability, and scored us highest in 4 of 6 use cases in the 2022 Critical Capabilities report.