Interactive map visualizes dynamic relationships among all application components across every tier
See how everything works together—automatically
Think of Smartscape as Google Maps for your application topology. As the Dynatrace OneAgent discovers all the components and dependencies in your application environment, our patented Smartscape technology simultaneously builds an interactive map of how everything is inter-connected.
- Intuitive infographics make it easy to understand the complexities of your application stack and delivery chain.
- Visualizations get built dynamically and automatically without any need for manual configuration, additional instrumentation, or scripts.
- 100% end-to-end visibility into all application components and dependencies up, down, and across all tiers of your stack—no gaps or blind spots.
Understand dependencies across and between tiers
Smartscape maps dependencies both horizontally (between components of the same type: process to process, service to service, host to host) and vertically (between components of different types: data centers to hosts, hosts to processes, processes to services, services to application).
See which web page calls which web server, which app server receives the web request, which services are then called, etc.
- Understand the call relationships between services (including third-party dependencies) as well as all services called by an application.
- Know exactly which services are supported by which processes, and which processes are running on which hosts.
- Dynatrace visualizes process-to-process dependencies by capturing network communication data—usually a black hole in other APM tools.
Smartscape 5-layer visibility
See all topological dependencies
- Inter-connections between applications
- Which services are called by each application
- Dependencies between services
- Which services are hosted by each process
- Process-to-process relationships
- Which processes run on which hosts
- Infrastructure topology of hosts (physical or virtual machines, cloud)
- Inter-connections between hosts
- Datacenter location of hosts (VMWare, AWS, Azure, OpenStack, etc.)
“With Dynatrace, finding a problem only takes us minutes to identify, saving us precious time and resources.”
Keep track of your topology as it constantly changes
Smartscape visualizations are always accurate, always up-to-date—because they're drawn from actual data in real time. Whatever you environment looks like at any given moment is reflected in the Smartscape model.
- Instantaneously see where, when, and how dependencies change dynamically.
- Your map updates on the fly as ephemeral microservices, containers, and cloud instances come and go.
- Smartscape grows with your environment as it scales.
Drill down into details
Click on any component—application, service, process, host—to get a deep-dive infographic with all the relevant details for that particular component. Get all availability and performance metrics, user experience insights, dependency details, links to log files, and more in one place.
- One click to see all cloud instances, service flow and service backtrace, hotspot analysis, and more.
- This is no generic metrics pickup—you get real-time, context-specific metrics for each individual component.
- Only Dynatrace can give you the details on network errors, retransmissions, TCP connection issues for your hosts and even individual processes.
“The speed and quality of its deployments has increased greatly. Rather than deploying every month, Verizon now deploys every two weeks.”
“With Dynatrace, we have shortened the time to identify and solve performance problems by 60%, and have achieved 100% application performance visualization.”
“With Dynatrace my team has a way to scale all of the services and resources that we need to ensure a positive customer experience.”
Search your full stack instantaneously
It doesn't help much to know everything about an environment if you can't find anything. Advanced filtering capabilities enable you to zero in on any particular type of entity or technology—say, all your Docker containers or your OpenShift deployments.
- Home in on where (and how) you have specific technologies running.
- Quickly locate individual third-party components.
- See the impact of "what if" scenarios—say, if you turn off a host, which applications would be affected?
Just a few of our enterprise customers