What is Azure Functions?
Azure Functions is a popular serverless compute function that is available in Microsoft Azure. Serverless functions help developers innovate faster, scale easier and reduce operational overhead, removing the burden of managing underlying infrastructure when updating and deploying code. Most enterprises use serverless functions as part of a broader hybrid environment, covering both cloud and traditional technologies.
Why do you need end-to-end monitoring for Azure Functions?
The short answer is to get full visibility into all tiers of your stack. Serverless computing introduces new monitoring challenges, particularly blind spots in dependencies and identifying issues, making it difficult to ensure the health of applications running on serverless technologies. Monitoring Azure Functions helps you to
- Optimize response time hotspots
- Optimize timing hotspots
- Simplify error analytics
- Understand and optimize your architecture
Automatic and Intelligent end-to-end observability of Azure Functions
Dynatrace provides the fastest and easiest approach to end-to-end monitoring and tracing of Azure Functions.
- Single pane of glass across all serverless-function applications
- Seamless end-to-end distributed tracing and code-level visibility
- Automatic observability and root cause analysis for DevOps teams
- Insight into how serverless functions are impacting customer facing applications
- Built for large enterprises in mind: highest scalability, easiest manageability and unique support for access permissions
Popular Azure services
Azure Functions monitoring resources
Start your free Dynatrace trial today and join thousands of successful customers!
You’ll be up and running in under 5 minutes:
Sign up, deploy our agent and get unmatched insights out-of-the-box.