An APM tool provides organizations with visibility into modern application delivery environments involving composite applications, hybrid infrastructure, and diverse end-point devices. An integrated APM tool set incorporating a real-time application monitoring tool, synthetic performance and load testing softwareand UX management capabilities can enable IT professionals to proactively detect performance and availability problems, assess service delivery from the perspective of real users, and effectively resolve issues that degrade the user experience.
By using the right APM tool to anticipate the effect of changes to the IT environment and take preventative measures to ensure consistent service, IT organizations are able to accelerate troubleshooting—spending less time in war rooms and more time innovating and introducing new services.
The Evolution of the APM Tool: From Component Monitoring to User-Centric, Cloud-Ready Performance Management
Replacing an older generation of cumbersome APM monitoring software focused on infrastructure and application component monitoring, the new breed of APM tool is lightweight, affordable and leverages sophisticated technologies such as automated application topology discovery and end-user experience monitoring—capabilities that make it a more suitable APM solution for today's virtualized, cloud and mobile app environments.
The next generation of APM management solutions prioritizes the user experience, measuring app performance from the client-side browser or device—where it matters most. Some of the features that define this new generation of APM tool include:
- Deep code-level diagnostics and multi-layer, end-to-end transaction profiling
- Simplified deployment through SaaS delivery and zero-configuration dashboards
- Comprehensive support for modern application languages and frameworks including Java and .NET
Leading the Next Generation of Application Performance Management: A Smart APM Tool Set from Dynatrace
Leaders in the next generation of APM, Dynatrace has developed an innovative APM platform bringing together synthetic and real user monitoring tools with advanced performance analytics—allowing your teams to better test, track and optimize the user experience for all of your web, mobile, cloud, and enterprise applications. Our APM tool set offers your organization actionable, UX-driven intelligence and granular visibility into all transactions across the entire application delivery chain.
- Synthetic Monitoring and web app testing to establish performance baselines, ensure application stability and scalability, and detect errors and third-party service outages before users are affected.
- Application Monitoring to obtain a complete and detailed view of the app delivery ecosystem in real time, isolate the root cause of performance degradation, and provide developers with the code-level insight they need to resolve critical application problems faster.
- User Experience Management to learn more about your users, their devices, and how they interact with your sites and services, so you can optimize web and mobile applications and assure a positive user experience for each and every digital touchpoint.
You may also be interested in…
Top challenges facing CIOs in a cloud-native world
Based on a global survey of 800 CIOs, this report takes a closer look at the challenges that organizations face in overcoming the hyper-complexity of modern, cloud-centric ecosystems.
Global Digital Performance & Transformation Audit
In an independent study involving more than 1,200 global IT and business professionals, Dynatrace reveals that it’s commonplace for organizations to encounter customer and revenue-impacting performance problems every five days.
Named a Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for APM 7 years in a row
It's our dedication to innovation and ability to see the market expanding beyond APM and into the modern era of "digital performance management" that earns us a top spot year after year.