What is the Play Framework?
Play is an open source web application framework, written in Scala and also usable from Java, which follows the model–view–controller (MVC) architectural pattern.
Dynatrace monitors and analyzes the activity of your Play Framework applications, providing visibility down to individual database statements.
Gain visibility into your Play Framework applications
Dynatrace monitors and analyzes the database activities of your Play applications, providing you with visibility all the way down to individual SQL and NoSQL statements. Just a few of the performance metrics you will see on your Dynatrace dashboard:
- JVM metrics
- Custom JMX metrics
- Garbage collection metrics
- All database statements
- All requests
- Suspension rate
- All dependencies
In under five minutes the Dynatrace OneAgent automatically discovers your entire Play application.
Start monitoring your Play Framework in under 5 minutes!
In under five minutes, Dynatrace shows you CPU, memory, and network health metrics all the way down to the process level.
- Manual configuration of your monitoring setup is no longer necessary.
- Auto-detection starts monitoring new virtual machines as they are deployed.
- Dynatrace is the only solution that shows you process-specific network metrics.
Visualize service requests end-to-end in your Play apps
Dynatrace understands your applications’ transactions from end-to-end. Service flow shows the actual execution of each individual service and service-request type. While Smartscape shows you your overall environment topology, Service flow provides you with the view point of a single service or service-request type.
Understand the impact of issues on customer experience
While monitoring your Play Framework applications, Dynatrace learns the details of your entire application architecture automatically.
- Artificial intelligence automatically identifies the dependencies within your environment.
- Dynatrace detects and analyzes availability and performance problems across your entire technology stack.
- By making root cause analysis, Dynatrace visualizes how problems evolve and how they impact the user experience.
Start monitoring your Play Framework apps with Dynatrace!
Sign up, deploy our agent and get unmatched insights out-of-the-box.