The Dynatrace team has been hard at work on new real user monitoring use cases and a complete redesign of our application views. We’re excited to give you a preview of the new designs and the cool features that accompany them. The new application views are available with OneAgent v1.75. Please take some time to look them over and give us your feedback. We’d love to hear what you think about the new designs!
To enable beta view for applications:
- From the Dynatrace homepage, click the Applications tile.
- On the Applications page, select the application you want to view.
- On the selected Application page, click Enable beta.
You can switch back to normal view anytime by clicking Turn off beta.
Most of the new functionality is already working, but it’s still in beta so we’re still fine-tuning things. Some of the views still need some design enhancements, and some functionality (for example, web check integration) won’t be complete until the next version of OneAgent.
Here are the highlights of the new application views:
- The application overview infographic has two main sections: Performance details on the left; User behavior on the right. The new infographic is currently only available for high priority user actions–look for its availability for all user actions in an upcoming release.
- The time-range selector affects both the infographic metrics and the charts.
- You can analyze the behavior of real users in your environment compared to web checks and bots.
- Load and XHR actions are now analyzed separately so that fast, often-called XHRs don’t influence the median action duration of your page loads.
- Most charts now offer a Compare… button which opens the chart in full-screen view so that you can compare different time frames.
- Resources are now grouped into 3rd party resources, CDNs, and 1st party resources (services provided internally by your organization). Resources can also be sorted based on Action count or Busy time.
Have a look through the screen captures below to get an idea of what’s now available: