While MongoDB enables massive data processing and can simplify big data storage, end to end monitoring of a MongoDB database for performance and its impact on the user experience can be a challenge. Most MongoDB monitoring solutions operate by sampling data, rather than capturing and correlating every transaction. The result is that problems are often missed, making it far more difficult to identify the root the cause of problems and to resolve them before they impact users.
As a leading provider of application performance management (APM) solutions for enterprises around the world, Dynatrace offers a MongoDB monitoring solution that captures every single transaction to provide an end-to-end view of your MongoDB database performance.
MongoDB monitoring with Dynatrace
Dynatrace is a world leader in APM solutions, with clients that include more than three-quarters of the Fortune 500 and 9 of the top 10 banks and retailers. Our performance management software helps companies large and small to build more reliable applications, launch them on time and within budget, and find and fix problems quickly in order to deliver exceptional user experiences.
Dynatrace Application Monitoring is the only APM solution with comprehensive built-in support for all major NoSQL databases, including MongoDB databases. To provide you with superior MongoDB monitoring tools, this Dynatrace solution is built with two patented technologies that enable you to get a clear view of MongoDB performance and to resolve issues more quickly.
- PurePath Technology® captures timing and code-level context for all transactions, end-to-end. From user click, across all tiers, to the database of record and back, this ultra-light technology provides exact, deep atomic level detail and enables more accurate reporting, granular business transaction grouping, precise SLA management and the fastest path to root cause on the market
- PureStack Technology® is the first and only solution that exposes how IT infrastructure impacts the performance of critical business applications. This technology correlates the health of guest and host infrastructure to individual application transactions and affected end users in real-time.
Benefits of Dynatrace's MongoDB monitoring tools
With MongoDB monitoring tools from Dynatrace, you can:
- Visualize MongoDB transactions. See from the end-user all the way into your MongoDB database, in real time for all transactions. Visualize the impact of infrastructure on end-user experience and performance of your mission-critical MongoDB application.
- Understand MongoDB database calls monitoring. Get an automated database view of contribution times, distribution, commands, response time, row counts, roundtrips and more to quickly pinpoint bottlenecks.
- Identify database hotspots with a single click. Use MongoDB monitoring tools to pinpoint the most expensive hotspots in your application. Identify the exact position in your application and which user interaction triggered it – all in a single click.
- See infrastructure impact with multi-variant analytics. Correlate HBase and Cassandra compaction and Garbage Collection (GC) issues to application response times in real-time.
You may also be interested in…
Top challenges facing CIOs in a cloud-native world
Based on a global survey of 800 CIOs, this report takes a closer look at the challenges that organizations face in overcoming the hyper-complexity of modern, cloud-centric ecosystems.
Global Digital Performance & Transformation Audit
In an independent study involving more than 1,200 global IT and business professionals, Dynatrace reveals that it’s commonplace for organizations to encounter customer and revenue-impacting performance problems every five days.
Named a Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for APM 7 years in a row
It's our dedication to innovation and ability to see the market expanding beyond APM and into the modern era of "digital performance management" that earns us a top spot year after year.