AWS continuous integration
What is AWS continuous integration?
AWS continuous integration is continuous integration as applied to applications developed and deployed on Amazon Web Services infrastructure. What is continuous integration? Continuous integration is the practice of very frequently building and testing an application to ensure that the latest code check-ins haven't caused any defects, and then promptly fixing any defects that are found. To facilitate AWS continuous integration, Amazon provides an AWS CodePipeline service that orchestrates the entire integration and delivery pipeline from code check-in all the way through to production, invoking either AWS solutions or third party solutions for key services such as source control, application build, testing, and deployment.
AWS continuous integration: Delivering code fast while keeping up quality
AWS CodePipeline, by smoothly orchestrating your use of standard CI tools such as build servers and automated testing frameworks, helps your DevOps teams push code through to production at a fast clip. But there remains the challenge of pushing out code that will actually perform well for your users once it goes live on AWS. This is where Dynatrace can take your AWS continuous integration implementation to the next level. Dynatrace integrates with each phase of the code development, integration, testing, and delivery pipeline to monitor and analyze the performance attributes of your application, detect performance regressions or scalability bottlenecks, and help your team rapidly troubleshoot and resolve performance issues across your entire application and infrastructure stack.
Elevating AWS continuous integration with Dynatrace digital performance management
Dynatrace is a full-featured digital performance management solution available through the AWS Marketplace. A certified AWS DevOps Competency Partner, Dynatrace provides key benefits to DevOps teams implementing AWS continuous integration and delivery:
- Support for application performance management across the entire DevOps lifecycle. Dynatrace integrates with leading IDEs to analyze unit test performance before code check-in; integrates with automated build tools and continuous testing tools to apply performance quality controls to your CI process; and provides for both real user monitoring and synthetic monitoring of applications in production.
- AI-powered root cause analysis of performance problems at any stage of the delivery pipeline, to help your teams deliver better code faster and minimize MTTR for live applications.
- Easy, zero-configuration deployment in AWS and automatic detection of changes to your AWS infrastructure such as when you spin up or release resources.
- Support for performance monitoring and troubleshooting across all AWS services including EC2, EBS, S3, and RDS or DynamoDB (for database continuous integration).
- Support for performance monitoring across multiple AWS accounts and multiple pipelines.
- Easy scalability to support even the largest AWS-based applications.
You may also be interested in…
Top challenges facing CIOs in a cloud-native world
Based on a global survey of 800 CIOs, this report takes a closer look at the challenges that organizations face in overcoming the hyper-complexity of modern, cloud-centric ecosystems.
Global Digital Performance & Transformation Audit
In an independent study involving more than 1,200 global IT and business professionals, Dynatrace reveals that it’s commonplace for organizations to encounter customer and revenue-impacting performance problems every five days.
Named a Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for APM Suites 8 years in a row
It's our dedication to innovation and ability to see the market expanding beyond APM and into the modern era of "digital performance management" that earns us a top spot year after year.