The most common Java performance problems and how to fight them
Slow or excessive SQL queries; wrongly configured connection pools, excessive service, REST and remoting calls; overhead through excessive logging or inefficient exception handling; bad coding leading to CPU Hotspots and Memory Leaks are some of the most common Java performance problems.
Monitor transactions across JVMs and all other tiers. Auto-model your application. Visualize what dependencies exist with other JVMs, where time is spent, and where problems exist. Improve Java performance by instantly drilling down into method level details to see method arguments, return values, SQL statements, exceptions or log messages.
Java performance tuning with Dynatrace
Tune your Java performance by taking a deep look into the bytecode of your app.
- Capture timing and code-level context for every transaction.
- Drill down into all services and components called upon a single user interaction.
- Analyze response times and find hotspots at the method level.
- Analyze execution frequencies, response times, and long-running queries to JDBC-backed databases like MySQL, SQL Server, PostgreSQL and Oracle, as well as NoSQL databases like Cassandra and MongoDB.
- Understand the impact of methods and database statements on user experience.
Learn how to tune Java performance
- Understand Java memory management
- Read about Java performance engineering
- Understand performance monitoring in virtualized and cloud environments
- Learn to configure your Java VM correctly
- Speed up a complex Java application by more than 10% in a few simple steps without changing code
- Understand what makes a GC slow
- Learn how to tune Java Garbage Collection correctly
- See what makes the three big JVMs unique
- Ensure that Garbage Collection is running smooth
- Understand the difference between Java memory leak types
- See how to detect the root-cause of each type
- Understand why Java memory usage is still a frequent problem in today’s enterprise applications.
- Learn to detect the root-cause of them
- Learn to identify database performance hotspots
- Get tips on load test and production monitoring
- Learn how to identify Java memory leaks
- See how the Heap size influences Garbage Collection activity
- See how Dynatrace correlates JVM metrics, compares GC suspension times with CPU usage, or network traffic outages