Monitor application and cluster health in highly-dynamic Kubernetes environments.
Gain visibility into your Kubernetes application container platform
Kubernetes is an open-source system for automating deployment, scaling, and management of containerized applications. The platform provides complete application lifecycle management functionality and DevOps tooling. Out of the box, Dynatrace provides full monitoring insights into the hosts and applications you deploy with Kubernetes, including:
- Automatic detection of dependencies between containerized applications
- Root cause analysis and the ability to replay problems to see how they evolved over time
- Application availability and performance monitoring
See the full picture of your environment in real-time
Dynatrace automatically discovers all containers running on Kubernetes and presents you with a real-time view of all the connections between your containerized processes, hosts, and cloud instances. Dynatrace provides deep insights into your dynamic deployment environment and ensures that everything works as designed.
Axel Springer Ideas Engineering GmbH
“Dynatrace is the best tool for monitoring our fully Dockerized application stack. Out of the box, Dynatrace offered deep insights into our hosts, Docker containers, and the services they provide. Through its integrated real user monitoring capabilities, Dynatrace provides continuous visibility into application health, from our end users’ perspective.”
Discover service dependencies and streamline container co-location
Optimize the configuration of Kubernetes applications with new insights into cross-service communication. Dynatrace identifies related containers and automatically visualizes all dependencies throughout your entire application environment.
- Self-learning capabilities automatically discover your application environment end-to-end without configuration.
- All services and hosts are automatically visualized in an interactive topology map.
Understand the cause of failing microservices
Highly distributed applications produce extensively distributed log files. When dealing with such applications, log analytics and alerting are often not enough on their own to explain the root causes of detected problems. This is why Dynatrace provides you with the ability to replay and understand failures throughout your Kubernetes clusters.
- Dynatrace tells you where and why highly distributed applications break down.
- Stop spending time hunting for problems. Dynatrace auto-detects problems for you and provides detailed root cause analysis so you can focus on fixing problems efficiently.
Full stack monitoring for your microservices running on Kubernetes
- Full visibility into called and calling services.
- Identification of performance hotspots.
- Analysis of database-query execution frequencies and response times.
Read a recent interview with Dynatrace’s Daniela Rabiser, Product Manager for OpenShift and Kubernetes, on Dynatrace’s current integration efforts with OpenShift, and a preview of soon to be released features/functionality.
In our Online Performance Demo, you’ll learn how Dynatrace unified monitoring uses automation and AI to manage the Kubernetes and container-based OpenShift next-gen PaaS
In this podcast, hear from Red Hat’s Brian Gracely, Director of Strategy, on the state of Kubernetes, where it is heading, and the importance of having a good cross-technology monitoring strategy that supports both brownfield legacy services as well as greenfield cloud native architectures and applications.
What is Kubernetes?
Kubernetes is an open-source system for automating deployment, scaling, and management of containerized applications.
Kubernetes runs on a multitude of providers, such as AWS, GCE and Azure and is the underlying platform of many commercially successful products, such as OpenShift by Red Hat, Google Container Engine and Deis Workflow.