The Scroll action provides a way to scroll the document to a specified coordinate position. This action is helpful if the web application that is being recorded triggers additional network requests as the result of scrolling the page. The action can be defined to scroll to a specified x,y coordinate (where 0,0 is the top left corner of the target document), or to the absolute bottom, right, left, or top of the target document.
The Recorder captures scroll actions during recording if the Capture Scrolls setting is enabled when you record the script. By default, all scroll actions during recording capture the x and y coordinates. You can change the Scroll To setting, as listed below, by editing the action after recording is completed.
The Scroll action is defined by the following settings.
Target Window – The window where the click occurs. The default is
Scroll To – This setting specifies how the action scrolls the page.
- Bottom– All the way to the bottom of the page.
- Left – All the way to the left.
- Top – All the way to the top of the document.
- Right – All the way to the right.
- Coordinates – To a specific position on the page: for example, halfway down the page, or left/right to a specific column in a page divided into columns.
Pixel – The Pixel fields only appear when you select Coordinates as the Scroll To value. Provide X and Y coordinate values for the position, measured in pixels, to which the Scroll action moves the page.
Change the target window setting
- Change the value in the Target Window field.
Change the Scroll To setting
- Change the value in the Scroll To drop-down list.
Change the pixel setting
- Change the X and Y values, in that order, in the Coordinates fields.