You can select default Peer Populations for Last Mile tests.
To view the existing Peer Populations:
- Click > Test defaults to display the Test defaults page.
- Select the Last Mile tab to view the existing default Peer Populations.
Selecting default Peer Populations
The Last Mile Peer Populations section displays the default Peer Populations for all Last Mile tests for this account.
The populations selected here appear in the Peer Populations and IP Preference section of the Last Mile Settings page when you configure Last Mile tests, however, different populations can be selected at that time.
To select different default nodes:
- Click Edit to display the Last Mile Peer Population window.
- Select the Peer Population from the Last Mile Peer Populations list. This list displays all global and account-specific Peer Populations.
- Specify the number of measurements per hour to be used for this Peer Population in the measurements per hour field prior to moving it.
- Click . The Peer Population you selected appears in the Selected Peer Populations list. As you add Peer Populations, the fill rate probability (as described below) for that Peer Population is shown. You can add populations until you run out of measurements to allocate. To remove a Peer Population, select it and click .
- Click Apply.
Fill rate probability
The Fill Rate Probability indicates the likelihood that the number of measurements can be achieved by the selected Peer Population.
The Fill Rate Probability indicators are:
- Excellent – The remaining capacity of the selected Peer Population is greater than needed to fulfill the requested measurements.
- Good – The remaining capacity of the selected Peer Population is estimated to be enough to fulfill the requested measurements.
- Poor – The remaining capacity of the selected Peer Population is estimated to be insufficient to fulfill the requested measurements.
- Not Available – The fill rate probability is not available for this Peer Population.