Application performance monitoring
Application monitoring tools enable the diagnosis of performance problems and allow optimization across your stack
Application performance monitoring ensures high performance for your software
Constant monitoring of your system allows you to manage the performance and availability of software applications. This leads to quick response times, improved computing processes and satisfied customers. Especially digital end user experience is one of the main goals when dealing with real user interactions and business transactions. The Dynatrace application performance monitoring tool saves the effort of interpreting such dependent events on your own and directs you to the component that might cause performance issues or problems for your customers. Fixing, accelerating, and optimizing your servers and software applications has never been so easy.
Better customer experience and less problems
Application performance monitoring allows you to receive full-stack observation and alerting at any time. Monitoring your entire IT infrastructure is a major aspect for finding problems at code, application, service or host level. This helps to understand customers better, allows to run applications at their maximum of performance, and leads to quick findings regarding potential problems. Automatic discovery and configuration makes it possible to easily isolate bottlenecks with low amounts of workforce.
Dynatrace ranks #1 for application performance monitoring
Named a Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for APM 7 years in a row
It's our dedication to innovation and ability to see the market expanding beyond APM and into the modern era of "digital performance management" that earns us a top spot year after year.
Forrester ranks Dynatrace a leader among the 14 APM providers that matter most
Our unique vision of digital performance management—full-stack monitoring with artificial intelligence to unite business, operations & development groups—sets us apart strategically.
“Dynatrace gives you the full picture of why your apps crashed and how to prevent it from happening again. … You get instant value from Dynatrace.”
- Nestor Zapata, Lead Systems Administrator
Application performance monitoring benefits in a nutshell
Application monitoring and management
- Get full-stack insights into any application structure.
- Optimize performance issues and use availability monitoring to identify problems before your customers even notice.
- Trace actions from a user click level to code or database terms easily.
Upgrade your digital user experience
- Application performance impacts any digital business. Loading times and other usability factors are of great importance to providing a good user experience.
- Optimize customer journeys based on realistic insight suggestions.
- Perform simulations with synthetic user journeys to detect and resolve problems continuously.
Monitor dynamic layer environments
- Focus on any layer: from application environments to services, processes, hosts or whole datacenters.
- Dynatrace’s application performance monitoring tools allow you to discover cloud native environments out-of-the-box.
- Artificial intelligence helps to locate performance issues in real-time.
Full-stack observation including infrastructure monitoring
- All physical and virtual server performance metrics at a glance.
- APM monitoring takes over control of network traffic on host and process level.
- Never miss a thing due to smart log analytics for unified monitoring.
Dynatrace APM optimizes digital businesses of 79 out of the Fortune 100
Why choose Dynatrace application performance monitoring?
- Accessible software structure and artificial intelligence allow the adaption and automation of internal services. Dynatrace APM helps to automate orchestration with open APIs as part of your fabric.
- The choice between SaaS and on-premises configuration offers a deployment plan for any needs.
- Extensive cloud support and compatibility with all major database technologies provide an all-round carefree package.
- Smart AI-driven problem detection shows easy-to-handle findings in seconds.
- The Dynatrace APM solution integrates into your delivery pipeline, providing automatic quality checks and KPIs to accelerate your time-to-market processes seamlessly.
Dynatrace supports many popular cloud technologies
Seamlessly integrate a huge range of cloud services and infrastructure components. Dynatrace supports individual cloud technologies as well as blended systems.
What is application performance monitoring?
Along with application performance management, the similar named task field of application performance monitoring is a major aspect in the area of information technology. With focus on software application performance and the aim of high quality end-user experience, application performance monitoring is an analytic and strategic way to optimize digital businesses. APM allows to gain immediate insights into problems with a brief overview of impacted applications, user actions and affected components.
Using AI algorithms and comprehensive data analytics, the Dynatrace application monitoring solution detects which components are causing problems. Dynatrace does this by collecting all required data using proprietary agent technology that pulls performance data from the whole stack: cloud instances, hosts, processes, and individual services. This way deep data analytics and detection of causal relationships between performance data points and millions of dependencies can be investigated in seconds. Summed up application performance monitoring contains aspects like real user monitoring, synthetic monitoring, deep monitoring as well as deep dive analytics. Further system and service observation and optimization is given with APM.