Oracle Database monitoring
App centric Oracle Database performance monitoring
Auto-detect your Oracle databases
No configuration overhead—Dynatrace automatically detects and monitors your Oracle databases.
See how applications use your Oracle DB
Detailed usage characteristics make configuration easy.
Get detailed metrics for each Oracle statement
Tune Oracle database performance where it matters most, at the statement level.
Easily optimize Oracle database performance
When it comes to analyzing the behavior of Oracle databases, baselining is the approach of choice. By comparing current performance to historical metrics, Dynatrace recognizes when performance is under par. This approach provides you with continuous insights and detailed root-cause analysis when problems occur.
Dynatrace categorizes all activities running on your Oracle instances, providing you with full insight into how your databases are really used. Dynatrace database-service views provide all the metrics you need to set up high-performance database services.
Dynatrace shows response times, failure rates, and database-activity breakdowns of Oracle databases.
Analyze Oracle performance metrics of each statement
Dynatrace monitors Oracle Database metrics from your application’s perspective. Because identifying individual non-performing database statements can be time-consuming, Dynatrace automatically identifies expensive database statements (e.g., those that read a lot of data). This approach is ideal for all Oracle Database solutions. A complete list of database statements that includes key metrics like response times and numbers of rows is the most valuable information any DevOps team could ask for when optimizing Oracle Database performance. Take a deep-dive into your database performance!
See all Oracle Database statements, their execution times, total times, and response times.
“Dynatrace was instantly providing the most value for our daily business, without any setup or configuration hassle. It helps us to get to the root cause of an issue much faster than before.”
Deep database analytics for Oracle Database
For Oracle Database, you can dig into your databases even deeper.
- Identify database issues out-of-the-box with the database health dashboard: Is there a problem with the database instance? Is something else running on the host? Do you need to optimize your stored procedures? The database health dashboard provides answers to these questions and more.
- Execution plan at your fingertips: Take a pro-active approach to addressing slow SQL statements and see if you're missing an index.
- See who else is using your database instance and understand how that usage affects application performance.
See what is going on in your Oracle database - live
The live view enables you to get a quick overview on what is currently running on the database instance. All the data available in the database live view is retrieved in real time.
- Sessions: list of sessions / users connected to the database instance
- Wait States: top wait states the database instance is waiting on
- Slow Queries: top slow queries currently active
- Locks: locks currently active
- Tablespace: available for Oracle only - size and free space in the tablespaces
What is Oracle Database?
Oracle Database is an object-relational database management system produced and marketed by Oracle Corporation. The database is marketed in several editions and supports various operating systems, including Microsoft Windows and Linux.
Dynatrace monitors and analyzes the activity of your Oracle Database services across all platforms, providing visibility down to individual database statements.