Automatically analyze service call sequences from back-end performance to front-end impact
Try for free See the magic
Control complex service architectures with ease
With today's applications comprising complex service call chains, how do you know which click leads to a specific service request? Dynatrace service backtrace shows you not only which services directly call a particular back-end service but also the sequence of preceding service calls leading up to each request—all the way back to the browser click or user action that triggered the sequence in the first place.
- Backtrace any service or service request type—including database statements, 3rd-party services, and HTTP referrers.
- Understand which services are triggered by which applications and user actions.
- See which browser clicks result in specific SQL statements, or which requests write to a specific table.
Analyze the sequence of service calls from the other direction—from an individual application or user action all the way though the entire service call chain—with service flow.
See how service backtrace shows the "red thread" of any service—including database services—back up through the call chain, all the way to the initial browser click that triggered the sequence.
“PurePath® provides us with objective, rational, intuitive and easy-to-use results. There’s never a question about what happened or why.”
“Having reassessed the market, we quickly realized that Dynatrace was the only provider able to offer the level of visibility that we needed.”
Understand how specific requests or database statements impact customers
Not all service request failures are created equal. Service backtrace lets you know whether (and how) failed requests impact your other services and your customers.
- Identify how and where 3rd-party service failures affect the user experience of your applications.
- See the impact of a slowdown or error with a specific SQL statement.
- Know when an issue isn't affecting customers—so you can focus on problems that matter!