Disparate toolchains and manual tasks that create bottlenecks in the software development lifecycle compromise DevOps teams’ ability to release software faster and with less risk. Now, with the Dynatrace Cloud Automation module and integrations, plus an ecosystem of best-in-breed DevSecOps partners, teams get deep and broad observability, run-time application security, and advanced AIOps to automate toolchains for delivery and remediation.
While digital transformation initiatives have obvious advantages for organizations, they also bring growing complexity to technology and digital services teams. The need for automation and orchestration across the software development lifecycle (SDLC) has increased, but many DevOps and SRE (site reliability engineering) teams struggle to unify disparate tools and cut back on manual tasks. As a result, teams often struggle to advance digital transformation because they’re preoccupied with cobbling together their toolsets. Some organizations even struggle to meet their SLOs (service-level objectives) or find themselves on the verge of penalty payments that undercut their ability to achieve critical business standards.
From an organizational point of view, one can understand digital transformation as a maturity trend where organizations evolve from a toolchain approach to a platform approach. Gartner® states that by 2023, “70% of organizations will use value stream management to improve flow in the DevOps pipeline, leading to faster delivery of customer value.”¹
Observability and AIOps help drive automated delivery and operations processes
Dynatrace provides developers, Security, DevOps, and SRE teams with integrated, end-to-end observability and application security platform that provides advanced AIOps capabilities to support organizations from planning and execution to the monitoring of pre-production and production systems. The Dynatrace artificial intelligence engine, Davis, and our Cloud Automation module adaptively trigger these solutions during required steps in the SDLC.
As a result, development teams:
- Reduce the time to production from 10-15 days to less than 60 minutes. This reflects typical use cases that many organizations face when attempting to integrate disparate tools across departments.
- Reduce the time from outage discovery to resolution from 60 minutes to 9 seconds. Unification of development tools, extensive automation across the SDLC, and orchestration to adaptively detect, analyze, and react to issues makes this possible.
New out-of-the-box integrations with ecosystem partners
The Dynatrace Cloud Automation module and the Dynatrace Software Intelligence Hub ecosystem provide out-of-the-box integrations with key DevSecOps alliance and solutions partners, all connected and configured with just a few clicks. Now, Security, DevOps, and SRE teams can automate their delivery pipeline. For example, you can:
- Integrate with Jira in your planning phase.
- Verify the quality of your application and apply the approach of SLO-driven quality gates in conjunction with the load testing tool Neoload, or chaos testing tools like Gremlin and ChaosNative.
- Scan for security vulnerabilities with Snyk and prevent vulnerabilities from making it into production with security quality gates
- Keep your team up to date about the delivery progress with notifications via Slack.
- Connect to JFrog Pipelines, Atlassian Bitbucket, GitLab, or Azure DevOps to automatically deploy applications into various stages, from staging and testing to production
- Observe the behavior of your application and, if problems occur, automatically initiate incident management actions with PagerDuty, xMatters, or OpsGenie
- Toggle feature flags with LaunchDarkly and Split to proactively optimize application performance
- Optimize your Kubernetes clusters to maximize service performance with Akamas
The Dynatrace DevSecOps partner ecosystem includes best-in-class solutions like:
Dynatrace Cloud Automation ensures automation for the entire SDLC
The Dynatrace Cloud Automation module is available as a SaaS instance to all Dynatrace SaaS and Managed customers. If you’re already a Dynatrace customer, enabling the Cloud Automation module is easy—simply reach out to your Dynatrace product specialist or our sales experts.
If you would like expert guidance and support throughout your company’s digital transformation, our Autonomous Cloud Enablement (ACE) team can help translate your strategic vision into an executable action plan.
New to Dynatrace?
Visit our free trial page for a free 15-day Dynatrace trial and learn how Dynatrace can help your business. You may also read recent blog posts about Cloud Automation:
- Dynatrace enables tool-agnostic automation for your application lifecycle
- Dynatrace Cloud Automation module provides observability-driven automation across the full lifecycle
¹ Gartner, The Future of DevOps Toolchains Will Involve Maximizing Flow in IT Value Streams, Manjunath Bhat, Daniel Betts, et al, June 4, 2021
GARTNER is a registered trademark and service mark of Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and internationally and is used herein with permission. All rights reserved. Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product, or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.