Web checks are synthetic user visits that monitor the availability of a URL or any number of business-critical transactions in your environment 24/7. At Dynatrace, we’re convinced that synthetic monitoring (i.e., “web checks”) and real user monitoring are most effective when they’re used in combination with one another. This is why both Dynatrace real user monitoring and Dynatrace web checks are built on top of common technology that enables easy comparison of monitoring results when you need it.
Waterfall analysis findings for web checks
To drill down to the waterfall finding of a specific web check execution
- Select Web checks & availability from the navigation menu.
- Select a web check.
- Expand the Details of one of the monitoring locations and click the Analyze button to open Web check analysis view.
- From the Analyze a specific web check run drop list, select the web check run you’re interested in.
- You’ll find the waterfall findings for the selected run in the Detailed breakdown section of the page (see example below). These findings help you quickly identify potential problems with your application, such as uncompressed resources and slow 3rd party providers. For a detailed list of available findings, please have at our recent user-action waterfall analysis blog post.
- Click one of the findings at the top of the waterfall analysis to highlight the related Resources in the waterfall.
Note: Resource timings can now be grouped by domain.