We’ve simplified the definition and maintenance of custom services. Defining a custom service is necessary if your application services aren’t built on standard technologies and therefore aren’t recognized out-of-the box. Dynatrace allows you to define any method, class, or interface as the entry point of a service to be monitored alongside the auto-detected services in your environment. Now instead of maintaining multiple rules for the same service, you can explicitly define a custom service with one or more class rules.
To create a new custom service:
- Go to Settings > Service detection > Custom services.
- Click Create custom services entry point rule.
- Define the name, technology type, and entry point of the custom service you want to monitor.
To edit an existing custom service:
- Click the Services tile on the Dynatrace homepage.
- On the Server-side services page, select the custom service from the list of monitored services.
- Click Edit in the menu bar to go to the service’s Edit service detection rule page.