Table of Contents
- Collection of Information
- Use of Information
- Notice to Non-US Users
- Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
- Links to Other Websites
- Commitment to Data Security
- Public Forums
- Online Job Applications
- Issue Resolution
Collection of Information
We collect information, including personal information, directly from you, automatically when you use our website and our Services, and, where permitted by law, through third party sources.
Information We Collect Directly from You: We collect information directly from you when you:
- Make a purchase;
- Complete an online registration form or request a demo/complementary trial;
- Register for events, user groups, training;
- Submit an inquiry or comments, including inquiries via this website, email, direct mail, phone, fax, or on one of our social networking pages;
- Use our Customer Portal including forums and other postings on the Dynatrace Community;
- Apply for an online job application (please see our special notice to job applicants);
- Otherwise contact us or use our website or Services.
The type of information that we collect from you will depend on your specific interaction with our website and our Services, and may include: your name, address, telephone number, email, and any other information that you choose to provide to us.
Information We Collect Automatically as you Use our Website:
We automatically collect the following information about your use of our website through cookies, web beacons, and other technologies: usage data, collected via Google Analytics and other third party service providers, such as IP address, web browser type/version, operating system and website visit information such as date, time and pages viewed, language preferences, and length of time on our website. We also will collect click-through information related to Dynatrace emails and banner advertisements.
Information Collected from Third Parties.
Where permitted by law, we may collect information from third parties.
Use of Information
We use your information, including your personal information, for the following purposes:
- To provide our Services to you, to communicate with you about your use of our Services, to respond to your support needs and inquiries, and for other customer services purposes.
- For marketing and promotional purposes. In accordance with applicable law, Dynatrace will use personal information, such as name, title, company, and email or other address, to communicate special promotions, events and announcements, including through email.
- To assist us in determining relevant advertising channels both on our website, on third party websites, and through other channels, as well as to evaluate the success of our advertising campaigns.
- To tailor the content and information that we may send or display to you, to offer location customization, and personalized help and instructions, and to otherwise personalize your experiences while using the website.
- To better understand how users access and use our website and our Services, both on an aggregated and individualized basis, to improve our website and our Services, measure performance and activities on our website, to improve the website’s design and functionality, and for other research and analytical purposes, including research surveys.
- To protect our rights and interests and the rights and interest of other visitors to this website, our employees, customers, or any other person or entity.
- For research and analytical purposes, including to assist us in evaluating and improving our products and offerings.
Use of Information Collected through our Customer Portal
You may have the option of accessing your account through our Customer Portal. Except as otherwise required by law, we will use any information that you submit through the Customer Portal about your own end user customers for the purpose for which you provided the information to us.
Information Sharing and Disclosure:
Dynatrace may share your information, including your personal information, with the following:
- Affiliated Entities. As permitted by applicable law, we may share your information with Dynatrace entities around the globe to assist us in provisioning Services to you (where applicable) and for their own marketing purposes, based on your location and the products of interest to you.
- Distributors. As permitted by applicable law, we may share your information with our authorized distributors who provide our products and services in your area.
- Service Providers. We may disclose the information we collect from you to third party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform functions on our behalf. This may include our use of a third-party hosting company, which may store your information in the cloud.
We also disclose your information in the following circumstances:
- Business Transfers. If we are acquired by or merged with another company, if substantially all of our assets are transferred to another company, or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding, we may transfer the information we have collected from you to the other company.
- In Response to Legal Process. We also may disclose the information we collect from you to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena.
- Aggregate and De-Identified Information. We may share aggregate or de-identified information about users with third parties for marketing, advertising, research or similar purposes.
Notice to Non-U.S. Users
Dynatrace LLC is a U.S.-headquartered company with global operations, including with customers and distributors throughout the world. Accordingly, the information we collect may be used, stored and/or processed in the USA or in any other country in which Dynatrace does business. As stated above, Dynatrace also uses third party service providers, which might be located outside of your home country, for various functions, including to host information that you choose to provide to us. By providing information to us, whether via our website or offline, and without limitation to any other rights and obligations we may have, you are consenting to the transfer of information from your country of origin to any other country in which Dynatrace does business (including those with less adequate levels of protection). You acknowledge that your information may be subject to access by law enforcement and other government entities, including courts and tribunals, in accordance with laws applicable in those jurisdictions. Whether and the extent to which your information is transferred depends on the particular website that you visit, your interaction with our website and Services, and your relationship with Dynatrace. If you have any questions, please contact us.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
Cookies. A "cookie" is a small text file that is transferred to your browser and stores information about your interactions with a specific website. A cookie is then read by the Web server that placed it on your browser. It works as a sort of identification card, recording your preferences and recalling previously entered information. Dynatrace uses two types of cookies:
- A "session" cookie is temporary and is deleted once you close your browser. Session cookies are used to help a user’s browser navigate a website more smoothly and may show up if the user comes from a website with which the subsequent website has some relationship (e.g., the website of an affiliated company). Session cookies can also give helpful information.
- A "persistent" cookie is more permanent and is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Persistent cookies are used to customize a website for a user. They may store passwords, preferences, registration and account information so that users do not have to re-enter this information each time they visit the website.
Dynatrace uses both session and persistent cookies to collect and store information that allows us to offer better customer service and ensure easy navigation through our website(s). You have the option of setting your browser to reject cookies. In most cases, if you do not accept the cookie you are still able to use the site. Please note, however, that by not accepting cookies, you will limit the functionality we can provide you when you visit this site.
Clear GIFs, pixel tags and other technologies.
Clear GIFs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on your computer’s hard drive, clear GIFs are embedded invisibly on web pages. We may use clear GIFs (a.k.a. web beacons, web bugs or pixel tags), with our website to, among other things, track the activities of website visitors, help us manage content, and compile statistics about website usage. We and our third-party service providers also use clear GIFs in HTML e-mails to our customers, to help us track e-mail response rates, identify when our e-mails are viewed, and track whether our e-mails are forwarded.
Do Not Track
Currently, our systems do not recognize browser do-not-track requests. Please see above for information about how to turn off the collection of cookies on your device.
Third Party Ad Networks
Users in the United States may opt out of many third-party ad networks. For example, you may go to the Digital Advertising Alliance ("DAA") Consumer Choice Page for information about opting out of interest-based advertising and their choices regarding having information used by DAA companies. You may also go to the Network Advertising Initiative ("NAI") Consumer Opt-Out Page for information about opting out of interest-based advertising and their choices regarding having information used by NAI members.
Opting out from one or more companies listed on the DAA Consumer Choice Page or the NAI Consumer Opt-Out Page will opt you out from those companies’ delivery of interest-based content or ads to you, but it does not mean you will no longer receive any advertising through our Site or on other websites. You may continue to receive advertisements, for example, based on the particular website that you are viewing (i.e., contextually based ads). Also, if your browsers are configured to reject cookies when you opt out on the DAA or NAI websites, your opt-out may not be effective. Additional information is available on the DAA’s website at www.aboutads.info or the NAI’s website at www.networkadvertising.org.
Dynatrace provides the opportunity to opt-out of receiving its communications whenever we request personal information from you and when you receive material from us. If you have difficulty opting-out, please visit www.Dynatrace.com/unsubscribe or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your name, e-mail address and subscription you wish to cancel.
Links to Other Websites
Dynatrace may provide links to Internet sites maintained by others. Dynatrace does not review such third-party websites in their entirety and is not responsible for the contents of or any products or services offered by such third-party sites. Dynatrace encourages you to read the privacy statement of every website you visit whether the site is linked to our or not. Dynatrace provides these links to you as a convenience and the inclusion of any link does not imply our endorsement of the linked site or our acceptance of any responsibility that arises from your use of the site.
Commitment to Data Security
To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy and ensure the correct use of information, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
This website makes chat rooms, forums, message boards, feedback forms, web logs, "blogs", news groups and/or other public messaging forums available to its users. Please remember that any information you disclose in these areas becomes public information (for example, if you choose to post to our forum, your name and content of your post will appear). We are not responsible for the use of any information that you choose to post to our website.
Online Job Applications
The Dynatrace website provides the opportunity for candidates to submit their resume or curriculum vitae online. All resumes received by Dynatrace will be held in confidence and used only for considering the candidate for employment or for such other purpose as requested by the candidate, and as required by law.
All open positions offered by Dynatrace or by its domestic and international subsidiaries are subject to specific job skill requirements. The job skill requirements, qualifications and preferred experience are determined by the domestic or international subsidiary offering the position. All positions are subject to local prevailing employment laws and restrictions. This includes immigration laws pertaining to work authorization requirements and any other applicable government permissions or compliance.
How to Update Your Resume/Personal Information:
If you have already submitted your resume or curriculum vitae to Dynatrace and your skills, experience or contact information has changed, please resubmit your resume. Your revised resume will be updated in our resume management system. Visit the Careers site to learn more about open positions, candidate eligibility and the interviewing process.
How to Contact Dynatrace Recruiting Regarding Your Privacy:
Please e-mail us at email@example.com if you have any concerns regarding your privacy during the recruiting process.
Our goal is to respect your privacy. If you seek resolution to any privacy or data collection issue with Dynatrace, or have suggestions on how we can improve our policies, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.