Administration / Singapore
Location: Sydney, Tokyo or Singapore with occasional travel
Dynatrace has redefined how you monitor today’s digital ecosystems. AI-powered, full stack and completely automated, it’s the only solution that provides answers, not just data, based on deep insight into every user, every transaction, across every application. The world’s leading brands, including, 72 of the Fortune 100, trust Dynatrace to optimize customer experiences, innovate faster and modernize IT operations with absolute confidence.
Based in Sydney or Singapore, reporting to the Senior Regional Counsel, your role as Legal Counsel will involve working closely with various teams across the Asia-Pacific region, providing practical and commercially focused legal advice and support (mostly assisting with the review and drafting of commercial transactions). As member of the global Dynatrace Legal team you are also expected to be participating in team projects within the global Legal team. Your role will require a high degree of self-sufficiency, organizational skills, flexibility, good communication skills and an ability to thrive in and enjoy a fast-paced and busy environment.
- Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Preparing, reviewing and negotiating sell-side IT contracts for software licensing and related services in collaboration with various teams across the Asia-Pacific region; assist in reviewing and responding to customer requests for proposals.
- Ensuring compliance within the agreement terms to company policies and guidelines.
- Advising management of contractual rights and obligations; mitigating contractual risks; compiling and analyzing data; maintaining historical information.
- Balancing competing priorities of constituencies as compared to business needs and using astute judgment as to when to seek executive-level direction.
- Monitoring and incorporating changes in laws and regulations across the Asia-Pacific region
- As part of the global Legal team, help build and maintain our commercial contracting processes and tools, including periodic updates and improvements to share knowledge, adopt standards and standard processes, and make contracting more efficient across the Company.
- Admitted to practice as a lawyer in a jurisdiction across Asia-Pacific
- A minimum of 3+ PQE with experience in negotiating sell-side IT contracts
- Strong commercial contract drafting and negotiation skills. Business standard fluency (written and spoken) in English is required at a level that permits drafting, negotiation and review of complex agreements. Fluency in an additional relevant language would be a plus (e.g. traditional Chinese or Japanese).
- In-house, cross-border and/or international experience required.
- Experience working with technology companies, software licensing (SaaS and perpetual) and services required; data protection and security experience a plus.
- Excellent judgment, attention to detail and ability to work both independently and as part of a team are a must; strong organizational and project management skills.
- Able to work and act decisively in a fast-paced, high activity environment; ability to handle ambiguity, juggle many matters at once and quickly shift from one situation or task to another.
- Talent for thinking outside of the box in confronting new issues and pursuing novel approaches to existing challenges; strategic and pragmatic.
- Able to provide quick, concise and practical legal advice consistent with business objectives and processes.
- Interested in learning and growing in a challenging and dynamic environment.
- Team attitude that no job is too big or too small.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.