ACE Delivery Consultant
Services / US-Virtual Office
In this role, you’ll work directly with our customers to implement, configure, provide training, and deliver use-case consulting for our award-winning platform. You’ll represent Dynatrace as a trusted adviser, guiding customers along their digital transformation journeys. You’ll have the opportunity to learn new technologies while using your existing knowledge of web applications and cloud technologies.
Ideally you have a background in technology with an application focus and are a natural problem solver who likes a variety of challenges. The Dynatrace Platform touches multiple groups, making this a visible position within our customers. It helps to be personable and outgoing because you’ll be right in the middle of things, having regular interactions with developers, architects, business analysts, and line-of-business executives. You’ll be the direct cause of “wow!” experiences at our customers.
Travel and Training Requirements
- Most Dynatrace Services OnDemand engagements are short (one week) to mid-term assignments and currently all delivered remotely (0% travel). However, if needed and when safe and agreeable to travel again, some of the team who desire to do so will go back to traveling up to 50%.
- Must be willing to attend extensive, multi-week instructor led trainings, e-learning, and virtual delivery observation activities
- Define and deliver education sessions focused on Dynatrace platform and solutions in our customers’ environments
- Consult with customers to understand, and then meet, their business and technical goals
- Install, configure, automate, mentor, and troubleshoot
- Serve as subject matter expert on Dynatrace techniques and best practices, combining product expertise with your skills and knowledge
- Identify key “Business Modeling” ecosystem integration and automation opportunities, especially around reporting, alerting, dashboards, SLAs, etc.
- Analyze performance data and assist with performance troubleshooting / tuning of customer applications, architecture, procedures and practices
- Use Dynatrace products to find and point out obvious application performance and other problems for those great “aha!” moments
- Participate in project scoping
- Build relationships that support the successful adoption and integration of Dynatrace products throughout the application lifecycle
- Partner with the sales team as needed in presales technical sessions
- Recommend complementary platform features to meet customer goals
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or a related technical discipline, or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years hands-on design and programming in some object-oriented language preferably on medium-to-large online systems. This is not a programming position, but our team routinely works with customer developers and architects and must have these skills to be credible. Appropriate university-level programming coursework may be acceptable
- 2+ years consulting, presales, or support experience with application-focused software requiring interactions outside of the data center (other APM tools; large packaged apps; not simply infrastructure)
- Comfortable with common Windows and Linux administration, and with Linux/UNIX command line
- Comfortable creating and maintaining personal virtual machines (Windows and Linux guest OSes) with products such VMWare Workstation and VirtualBox
- General understanding of cloud architectures (Azure, AWS, Kubernetes, OpenShift, Cloud Foundry)
- Understanding of containers and microservices
- High level understanding of database technologies; Relational (SQL Server, DB2, Oracle, etc.) and NoSQL/non-relational (Cassandra, MongoDB)
- Basic to intermediate networking skills. Exposure to network administration and infrastructure design. Experience with basic network troubleshooting tools such as TCPDUMP or Wireshark. Understanding of LAN/WAN, routers, switches, and network optimization. Knowledge of the OSI model and common network protocols (e. g. HTTP/S, TDS, TCP, FTP)
- Experience with data presentation via charts and dashboards
- Understanding of code- and container-level performance tuning, troubleshooting, and architecture best practices in large multi-tier and SOA-based applications
- Proven problem-solving nature, with an engaged, self-motivated, can-do attitude
- Excellent verbal and written English or regional communication skills and attention to detail
- Experience in DevOps, CI, and CD
- Performance tuning in other application tiers (Database, Network, Storage, etc)
- Multiple industry certifications in “new stack”, cloud, big data, and other key technologies (AWS, GCP, Azure, PCF, OpenShift, Docker, Kubernetes, SNOW, Splunk, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Jenkins)
- Competitive compensation and benefits (annual fitness reimbursement, online therapy program, employee discounts, etc.)
- Access to 155K personal & professional development courses through Udemy for Business
- Regus flexible office space membership
- Yearly Volunteer Time Off hours
- Monthly virtual office stipend
- Open door to various Employee Resource Groups
- Opportunity to work for an award-winning, 11x magic quadrant leading company
- Continued education assistance and more
We take our Employer Brand and internal culture seriously. So much so, we are consistently recognized by reputable companies and brands like Business Insider, USA Today and Forbes. This year so far, Dynatrace scored a seat on Comparably’s award lists for Best Company Outlook, Best Company Global Culture, and Best Places to Work in Boston, to name a few. Dynatrace was also honored in the coveted Top Workplaces USA list in 2021. And we’re proud to be recognized on BuiltIn Boston’s 2021 'Best Large Companies to Work For' and 'Best Paying Companies.' We’ve got it made—won’t you join the #DynatraceLife?
Dynatrace provides software intelligence to simplify cloud complexity and accelerate digital transformation. With automatic and intelligent observability at scale, our all-in-one platform delivers precise answers about the performance and security of applications, the underlying infrastructure, and the experience of all users to enable organizations to innovate faster, collaborate more efficiently, and deliver more value with dramatically less effort. That’s why many of the world’s largest organizations trust Dynatrace®️ to modernize and automate cloud operations, release better software faster, and deliver unrivalled digital experiences.
We offer competitive compensation, company-sponsored premium benefits, medical, dental, vacation/holidays, company matching 401(k) Plan, etc. Dynatrace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities, age, sexual orientation, creed, disability status, veteran status, pregnancy, genetic status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If your disability makes it difficult for you to use this site, please contact email@example.com. Dynatrace participates in E-Verify, participant information in English and Spanish. Right to work information in English and Spanish. EEO is the Law/EEO is the Law Supplement. To be considered for this position, please upload your resume/CV.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Dynatrace LLC (Dynatrace) does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any Dynatrace employee. Dynatrace will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of Dynatrace.