Dynatrace is a leading global technology company founded in Linz, Austria with more than 2,600 employees worldwide. We are building a software intelligence platform which is used by Fortune 1000 companies to run and optimize their software applications. Most likely you already used an application monitored by Dynatrace today.
We are strong believers in innovation through technology and research. In our research center situated in the heart of the Linz Institute of Technology (LIT), engineers and researchers collaborate to build next generation technologies that help companies to run better, safer and more innovative software.
- Independent research in one of the following fields:
- Transaction processing
- Query processing or optimization
- Cloud databases
- Similarity search & data extraction
- Distributed systems
- Stream processing and analysis
- New architectures & caching
- Indexing & search
- Data storage
- Identify and develop new leading-edge technologies together with the research team
- Define roadmaps and ensure consistent and timely delivery of results
- Track important developments in research and map them to the research strategy
- Hire and grow top research talent
- Mentor PhD and master students and ensure direction is in line with research strategy
- Contribute to the global research community - publish and disseminate research findings in journals and speak at conferences
- Coordinate and co-define teaching efforts with partner universities
- PhD in Computer Science (or a related field) and experience in a PostDoc role
- Several years of independent research in one of the research fields mentioned above
- Strong publication record of driving market relevant research
- Experience working abroad, with open-source and the ability to lead a team
- Excellent English skills (oral and written)
Why join Dynatrace
- We offer budget independent of research grants and teaching obligations
- Freedom to define and shape the research methodology
- Research which will be used by thousands of the biggest companies
- Join a research team with continuous, rapid growth
- Work in one of the most attractive research areas in the industry
- Close collaboration with the global development team (over 600 developers)
- Ability to drive research that really has an impact on the industry
Application deadline: None. We are looking for the right (wo)man for the job.
Due to legal reasons we are obliged to disclose the minimum salary for this position, which is € 70,000 gross per year based on full-time employment. We offer a higher salary in line with qualifications and experience.
Please consider, when submitting your CV, that due to the current health crisis related to COVID-19, in our Labs in Austria, we are currently limited in extending offers to residents outside the EU. We are keeping the situation under review and would adjust our position, should the restrictive measures be removed.