A day in the life of a Data Quality Manager within Digital Business
Data quality becomes an essential success factor in our company, and we want to have efficient data quality processes in place. So, you decide on the most appropriate initiatives to make our data reliable to all stakeholders and set standards that employees get used to following. Issue resolution, improving our data standards, and being our data quality evangelist are your main responsibilities. This means you drive the initiatives and define the strategy to have the best data quality framework in place and improve it together with your counterparts. When someone needs a new ad-hoc analysis, report, or dashboard you are involved to challenge current data specification compared to actual data quality. Because of your analytical skills, you create detailed analysis and make your findings transparent and tangible. If you detect any data anomalies, it is in your interest to derive the root cause and initiate all relevant steps to avoid future inconsistencies and to close open gaps. While you manage and monitor the data quality improvement initiatives you lead the implementation of automated data quality checks and underlying reporting.
Does this resonate with you, and are you up for this rewarding challenge to support our data-driven mission? Then we have the right role for you.
Your role in the team
- Define a data quality strategy and roadmap with your counterparts
- Set data quality standards and define data quality processes
- Work with product development, business operations, and marketing to develop data quality checks and improve data specifications
- Uncover data quality issues, drive data improvement projects to eliminate data inconsistencies
- Prepare ad hoc reports and analysis about data quality
- Propose data quality reporting based on data insights and management needs
- Master’s degree in IT, economics, or related field
- 3+ years of experience analyzing data and defining data quality checks
- Strong Excel and SQL skills
- Advanced experience with common data management tools
- Experience in R, Python, or other tools for advanced data analysis a big plus
- Experience in an international environment, working with senior stakeholders across departments a plus
- High degree of analytical thinking and problem solving
- Detail-oriented and capable of delivering a high level of accuracy
- High level of proficiency in English (C2), German skills are an advantage
You will love this job if
- you live and breathe data
- you love change and constantly challenge the status-quo
- you are looking to have real business impact
- an international environment is attractive to you
- you are looking for a unique, start-up like culture in an established and publicly trade software company
- you are a looking for a non-hierarchical and outcome-oriented company culture
Due to legal reasons we are obliged to disclose the minimum salary for this position, which is € 60.000 gross per year based on full-time employment (38.5 h/week). We offer a higher salary in line with qualifications and experience.
Please consider, when submitting your CV, that due to the current health crisis related to COVID-19, in our Labs in Austria, we are currently limited in extending offers to residents outside the EU. We are keeping the situation under review and would adjust our position, should the restrictive measures be removed.