A day in the life of a Data Analyst within Digital Business
The leadership team asks you to provide a detailed impact analysis report about a newly started Dynatrace product improvement initiative to derive strategic decisions for further investments.
After discussing the specific requirements and overall expectations, you are the end-to-end owner from inception to completion to deliver the requested insights. You connect with product, data science, data engineering, business and finance teams to understand which product-, financial-, customer-, and other data we have available, and determine the data gaps you need to close to reach the objective. Your natural curiosity leads you to ask the right questions and dig beyond the surface to find answers to more than the obvious.
You will dive right into our source systems, analyze raw data at a SQL level, uncover data inconsistencies, and create preliminary advanced Excel reports with visualizations, before you productize your findings in PowerBI, either yourself or with the help of an internal expert. If needed, you start an investigation to determine root causes for data inconsistencies and initiate and lead projects to clean up data and suggest processes to avoid future inconsistencies.
All along you are constantly managing stakeholders and presenting your findings and drive towards delivering a powerful and insightful automated report creating business value.
Does this resonate with you, and are you up for this rewarding challenge to support our data-driven mission? Then we have the right role for you.
Your role in the team
- Deliver insightful data-driven reporting projects leveraging Excel and PowerBI
- Work with product development, business operations, and marketing to develop actionable insights and recommendations based on data analysis
- Uncover data gaps, drive process improvement projects to eliminate data inconsistencies, and define dataset requirements for our data engineering team
- Prepare ad hoc reports and analysis in response to stakeholder requests
- Propose Go-to-market initiatives and independently discover valuable insights based on the available raw data
- Extract and join data from disparate sources using SQL and data analysis techniques to discover business and product insights
- Master’s degree in IT, statistics, economics, or related field
- 5+ years of experience analyzing data and building complex reports
- Advanced Excel and SQL skills
- Advanced experience with data visualization tools such as PowerBI
- Experience presenting to senior management
- Experience in an international environment, working with senior stakeholders across departments a plus
- High degree of analytical thinking and problem solving
- Detail-oriented and capable of delivering a high level of accuracy
- High level of proficiency in English (C2), German skills are an advantage
- Experience in R, Python, or other tools for advanced data analysis a plus
- Experience working in a software company a plus
You will love this job if
- you live and breathe data
- you love to change and constantly challenge the status-quo
- you are looking to have real business impact
- an international environment is attractive to you
- you are looking for a unique, start-up like culture in an established and publicly traded software company
- you are a looking for a non-hierarchical and outcome-oriented company culture
When applying for this role please include your letter of motivation.
Due to legal reasons, we are obliged to disclose the minimum salary for this position, which is € 55.000 gross per year based on full-time employment (38.5 h/week). We offer a higher salary in line with qualifications and experience.
Please consider, when submitting your CV, that due to the current health crisis related to COVID-19, in our Labs in Austria, we are currently limited in extending offers to residents outside the EU. We are keeping the situation under review and would adjust our position, should the restrictive measures be removed.