As Linux System Engineer you are responsible for supporting the internal and cloud-based systems used by the Employee Digital Enablement Group (EDE). Under general supervision you will perform technical work including design, setup, administration, upgrade, and troubleshooting computer systems and associated hardware and software. You will participate in the development of architectural standards and procedures.
Dynatrace is a global leader in Software Intelligence because the world needs software to work perfectly. Our innovative SaaS product helps customers to get a self-driving IT. Due to our high quality standards and cutting-edge technologies we are proud to convince customers like H&M, Delta Airlines, SAP, United Health Care, JP Morgan and many others.
- Manage all EDE Linux based systems.
- Responsibility for the architecture and rollouts of a set of capabilities that will allow EDE to standardize and better manage various Linux distributions deployed around the world.
- Develop standards for end user Linux builds and supported applications.
- Working closely with Development and Tech Ops teams on implementing processes worldwide.
- Integrate, when possible, Linux systems into existing management structures like Active Directory, Azure Active Directory, Intune, MAM, MDM, Puppet and Microsoft 365. When not possible suggest and implement alternatives to meet departmental functionality and security goals.
- Deploy certificates and other technology to Linux to be able to authenticate users’ computers when they come on the network (802.1x).
- Implement and deploy patch management system to ensure Linux systems are regularly updated and don’t present security risks to the organization.
- Help the migration of on-premise systems to AWS.
- Be the subject matter expert for Linux. Respond to tier 2 and 3 tickets related to areas of responsibility.
- Participates in the definition of architectural standards, knowledge base articles, IT practices and procedures.
- Technical studies and 5+ years of experience in a similar role.
- Detailed knowledge of Linux Distributions (Red hat, Ubuntu).
- Linux Certifications (RHCE, LFCE, LPIC-3, etc.) preferred.
- Proven track record of managing and integrating Linux into a predominately Microsoft environment.
- Working knowledge with Microsoft products (Windows 10, Server 2016+, Office 365, Intune. AD and AAD).
- Ideal candidate will have experience managing Mac systems as well and can work with existing engineers to advance efforts on standardization using JAMF and Apple DEP.
- Knowledge of desktop architecture and build methodologies.
- Broad knowledge of all IT Disciplines, ie Server, Datacenter, Telecom and Messaging.
- Work as part of a team to support global operations of Dynatrace’s computer systems and applications.
Why join Dynatrace
- Global Leader in Performance Management with flat hierarchy and open culture
- At the edge of technology, always reinventing ourselves, constantly pushing the edge of technology forward
- Open-Door policy, facing challenges and celebrating success together as a team
- International and diverse workplace
- Organizer of DevOne, our own annual developer conference
Due to legal reasons we are obliged to disclose the minimum salary for this position, which is € 43.400 gross per year based on full-time employment. We offer a higher salary in line with qualifications and experience.
Join us now & apply online!
Take a look at our office in Linz, Austria --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cj1tipoHLdM&t=76s
Please consider, when submitting your CV, that due to the current health crisis related to COVID-19, in our Labs in Austria, we are currently limited in extending offers to residents outside the EU. We are keeping the situation under review and would adjust our position, should the restrictive measures be removed.