Automatically analyze service call sequences from back-end performance to front-end impact
Control complex service architectures with ease
With today's applications comprising complex service call chains, how do you know which click leads to a specific service request? Dynatrace service backtrace shows you not only which services directly call a particular back-end service but also the sequence of preceding service calls leading up to each request—all the way back to the browser click or user action that triggered the sequence in the first place.
- Backtrace any service or service request type—including database statements, 3rd-party services, and HTTP referrers.
- Understand which services are triggered by which applications and user actions.
- See which browser clicks result in specific SQL statements, or which requests write to a specific table.
Analyze the sequence of service calls from the other direction—from an individual application or user action all the way though the entire service call chain—with service flow.
Understand how specific requests or database statements impact customers
Not all service request failures are created equal. Service backtrace lets you know whether (and how) failed requests impact your other services and your customers.
- Identify how and where 3rd-party service failures affect the user experience of your applications.
- See the impact of a slowdown or error with a specific SQL statement.
- Know when an issue isn't affecting customers—so you can focus on problems that matter!
Code-level insights and failure analysis—end to end—at your fingertips
Eliminate the time-consuming struggle of looking for a needle in a haystack. Service backtrace pinpoints where service calls originate in your code. The stacktrace of calls gives you method details within the context of a specific call chain.
Stop hunting down problems and start fixing them. Service backtrace lets you know the reasons for failed requests. With just one click, you understand which requests fail and the Dynatrace artificial intelligence engine determines the underlying root causes and errors.
“PurePath® provides us with objective, rational, intuitive and easy-to-use results. There’s never a question about what happened or why.”
“Having reassessed the market, we quickly realized that Dynatrace was the only provider able to offer the level of visibility that we needed.”