Network traffic monitoring tool
Network performance plays a bigger role in enterprise application performance than ever before. With multi-tier applications the norm, growing distance between enterprise data centers and enterprise users, and the rise of virtualized desktop infrastructures, the performance of key business processes increasingly depends on how well the network performs. To meet business demands in this environment, today's IT service managers need the right network traffic monitoring tool. What they need in particular is a network traffic monitoring tool that not only monitors and reports on network activity, but also provides network traffic analysis that can illuminate the intricate connections between network performance and business application performance.
Dynatrace DCRUM: The network traffic monitoring tool for today's business applications
Dynatrace Data Center Real-User Monitoring (DCRUM) is a next-generation network traffic monitoring tool set that unifies network monitoring and application monitoring in a single platform with a single interface. With Dynatrace network traffic monitoring software you get comprehensive network traffic metrics, adaptive baselining, and intelligent alerting functionality. But Dynatrace also goes far beyond conventional network monitor functionality to provide deep visibility into how network performance is impacting:
- Enterprise application performance, down to the level of specific business transaction types.
- Enterprise user experience, down to the level of individual users.
A non-intrusive solution that passively monitors 100% of network traffic across all network segments and application tiers, the Dynatrace network traffic monitoring tool suite gives you unprecedented insight into how your network is impacting key business objectives.
Get the right network traffic monitoring tool for your environment
The Dynatrace DCRUM network traffic monitoring tool suite supports all leading middleware and database environments. With Dynatrace you can get just the right set of integrated network traffic monitoring tools, with purpose-built solutions for enterprise environments including :
- SAP. Gain deep visibility into end-to-end SAP transactions from SAP GUI protocol (DIAG) all the way through back-end SQL calls.
- Oracle. Automatically associate Oracle Forms transactions with the originating users and pinpoint the cause of Oracle application performance issues, whether in the application server, the database server, or the supporting network infrastructure.
- Citrix. Get clear visibility into virtualized desktop performance and the factors that improve or degrade it.
- VOIP. Monitor and measure in-flight audio traffic with comprehensive metrics including MOS, Jitter, loss rate, R-Factor, and more.
- Web services. Analyze SOAP and XML payloads and automatically aggregate web services calls into meaningful business transactions.
Test early and often
Along with DCRUM for ongoing monitoring of enterprise applications in production, Dynatrace can also help when you're in need of network performance testing tools. With the Dynatrace Synthetic Monitoring service you can proactively test enterprise applications to make sure that you can meet SLAs for your internal customers, or handle anticipated increases in user traffic. And for website applications geared toward partners or customers, Dynatrace Synthetic Monitoring can test site performance to make sure your application and its supporting network infrastructure are ready for prime time.
You may also be interested in…
Top challenges facing CIOs in a cloud-native world
Based on a global survey of 800 CIOs, this report takes a closer look at the challenges that organizations face in overcoming the hyper-complexity of modern, cloud-centric ecosystems.
Global Digital Performance & Transformation Audit
In an independent study involving more than 1,200 global IT and business professionals, Dynatrace reveals that it’s commonplace for organizations to encounter customer and revenue-impacting performance problems every five days.
Named a Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for APM 7 years in a row
It's our dedication to innovation and ability to see the market expanding beyond APM and into the modern era of "digital performance management" that earns us a top spot year after year.