.NET Core monitoring
Get deep insights into the your .NET Core framework and optimize the overall performance
Try for free See the magic
.NET Core on full Framework
Microsoft created the cross platform web stack ASP.NET Core. It is able to run cross platform CLR as well as CoreCLR.
.NET Core on Windows
Based on the existing .NET agent Dynatrace has become compatible with the new CoreCLR on Windows.
.NET Core on Linux and other non-Windows systems
Linux and other platforms are also supported by the .NET Core integration in Dynatrace. These systems offer new opportunities for hosting .NET Core services.
What is .NET Core?
.NET Core is a software framework that is open-source and arranged as cross-platform technology. Similarities to .NET Framework are given, but .NET Core consists of CoreCLR which manages the execution of .NET programs. Dynatrace gives the option to monitor and analyze the activity of any .NET Core framework. All relevant metrics can be optimized in their performance by the given information. From code level down to individual database statements, Dynatrace can help you with .NET Core performance monitoring easily. Since .NET Core is sharing a subset of .NET Framework APIs, it is not part of the the latter. However, .NET Core has its own API which allows Dynatrace being optimized for seamless compatibility.
Dynatrace supports .NET Core monitoring out-of-the-box
The world of Microsoft has changed tremendously with the implementation of the open-source and cross-platform .NET. To optimize the performance of .NET technologies Dynatrace allows you to monitor your applications in production. Since .NET Core code is portable and reusable across all major platforms, this technology is becoming more and more relevant for software development.
ASP.NET Core 2.0 APIs make it easier to manage service architectures. Also, building service architectures from scratch becomes simpler with .NET Core. This is why Dynatrace worked on support for the possibility of auto-instrumented .NET Core monitoring and .NET Core performance optimization.
What's included in .NET Core monitoring?
- Web monitoring: Web requests, response times, CPU usage, and locking times
- CPU method hotspots: CPU usage, background activity threads and relevant occupancy rates
- Database monitoring: All ADO.NET-based database interactions, therefore execution times of every single SQL statement
- GC Metrics: Heap Size, LOH Size, Collection Count and more
- Custom Entrypoints: Any method of your code can act as a manual entrypoint if you're working with standalone applications
- Azure Integration: Azure Site Extension and VM Extension
- Apdex score
- Infrastructure monitoring: CPU usage, memory usage, and network usage of the host
- Performance analysis: Get information about loading times and performance details
- Traffic: The entire network’s traffic will be analyzed out-of-the-box
Start monitoring .NET Core with Dynatrace today!
You’ll be up and running in under 5 minutes:
Sign up, deploy our agent and get unmatched insights out-of-the-box.
“Dynatrace automatically discovered and monitored all our .NET services, saving our team lots of setup time. Plus, with the ease of synthetic monitoring, it meets all our monitoring needs.”
“It’s easy to use and it delivers perfect insights for optimizing the workflow experience of our clients. Great tool (not only for .NET environments) and definitely a recommendation!”
Discover bottlenecks in your code easily
Dynatrace helps you to locate bottlenecks and potential issues in your application code in minutes. With .NET Core performance monitoring digging deeply into your applications is possible. Dynatrace .NET application performance monitoring helps you identify hotspots at code level, network bottlenecks, or problematic methods.