What is ASP.NET?
ASP.NET is a free and open-source rewrite of the ASP.NET framework running on .NET and on Full Framework.
The advantages of ASP.NET are:
- ASP.NET is a free, open-source, and cross-platform rewrite of the ASP.NET framework. This includes even the pipeline and the hosting model.
- ASP.NET can run on .NET and on Full Framework.
- ASP.NET is lightweight and fast.
- Before the rewrite ASP.NET was tied to IIS. Now it is not anymore. Therefore ASP.NET can be self-hosted or it can be hosted by any web server very easily.
- ASP.NET is built on top of libuv. That is the same library that is used by Node.js.
Dynatrace supports ASP.NET
As the first provider on the APM market Dynatrace supports ASP.NET and allows permanent ASP.NET performance optimization.
Regardless of where it is hosted, Dynatrace can monitor any ASP.NET application and gives deep insights into the environment. Important performance metrics like response time hotspots, resource time, or failure analysis are collected and shown within minutes after the deployment of Dynatrace.
Dynatrace even captures every request so you can see what happens during the processing of that request including database or other external calls.
Dynatrace automatically discovered and monitored all our .NET services, saving our team lots of setup time. Plus, with the ease of synthetic monitoring, it meets all our monitoring needs.surveynerds.com